It sits level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well been working on the belly pan,should have it done by Thursday and ready to paint.It's a 3 part belly pan and the pics below is just of the main piece(not 100% finished),the 2nd piece bolts to the main piece and extends forward to protect the trans pan and the 3rd is just a plastic filler(you will see what I mean when finished and installed).All material is 1/4" thick.
You must be registered for see images attach

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it driveable by now? Did you drive it already?
Been driving it for 2 weeks now,got about 350 miles on the SFA just breaking in the gears and t-case.Already drained and refilled the t-case and in about 150 miles will drain and refill the rear diff,the front diff will be okay for some time since I now have lockouts and the front diff does not spin at all unless I lock the hubs in.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Been driving it for 2 weeks now,got about 350 miles on the SFA just breaking in the gears and t-case.Already drained and refilled the t-case and in about 150 miles will drain and refill the rear diff,the front diff will be okay for some time since I now have lockouts and the front diff does not spin at all unless I lock the hubs in.

Nice Troy. Does the front diff get separated at the Atlas? That saves a lot of wear and tear on the front.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So..how do you like it? How does it handle? Did you take it offroad?
It drives real good now,been working the little bugs out,nice and firm.The only drawback is the decreased turning radius when the R&P steering was replaced.No offroad yet since it is not finished and no offroading till at least 500miles since I need to break in the rear gears at least properly.

Does the front diff get separated at the Atlas? That saves a lot of wear and tear on the front.
The manual front hubs separate the front diff axles from the front hubs,thus with no power being sent to the front driveshaft(with the t-case in 2wd) the front driveshaft and front diff gears/axles will not turn.Though the AtlasII is a twin stick t-case with one shifter for the front output and one shifter for the rear output.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could always put it in 4 hi and pull the rear driveshaft to break in those front gears ;)
Can't,I'm running CTM u-joints in the front axles,they will not last long for daily driving since they have no needle bearing in them(just ment for extreme strength for offroad occasional offroad use).Kinda a trade off that I can live with since when a $25 u-joint will ruin my $650 set of alloy axles when that u-joint breaks where as the axles will break before the CTM u-joint will(if properly maintained),basically putting the weak link in a easy to replace WARN manual lockout which are cheap and lifetime warrantied.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bellypan is completed and installed,one heavy ****
You must be registered for see images

Super Skinks are also done but the paint is drying and will be installed tomorrow or Thursday.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Troy, you are gonna have to put that monster on a truck scale when you are done to see what it weighs all modded up....you will be over 5,500lbs easy before you even get in it or put recovery stuff and tools in it.......maybe 0ver 6k even.

Dave

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Troy, you are gonna have to put that monster on a truck scale when you are done to see what it weighs all modded up....you will be over 5,500lbs easy before you even get in it or put recovery stuff and tools in it.......maybe 0ver 6k even.

Dave
I started out at 5500lbs before the SFA:D,I'm betting on around 6200lbs-6500lbs when fully outfitted.And yes the scale I will go(as planned) once it is 100% complete.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey Troy, name one part on your Jeep that is stock...I can't think of one! :D

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierjeeper
Hey Troy, name one part on your Jeep that is stock...I can't think of one! :D

I don't think he changed the steering wheel.....yet.

Dave
The steering wheel has been modified:D.

The engine is stock,the trans is 100% stock(never touched yet besides maintenance),electric cooling fan is stock(along with the resister),all of the HVAC is stock(even OEM R134A in it and it blows very cold),and heck all 4 window regulators are the originals from the factory:D.

But that's about it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.