It sits level

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
In the driveway
You must be registered for see images

Got permission to post these pics,no ?'s please.

That is One Nice (Insert appropriate profanity here!:D) Rig you are constructing Troy!

Cheers
Ry'

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
good lord that thing looks amazing. Troy, you had a gorgeous rig before, but it gets better and better!

The one thing I really have to say - I truly commend you for how well kept your vehicle looking. We know you've used it heavily and pushed the limits nonstop, but it still just looks clean and amazing in every picture. Seems most folks decide to resign it to trail duty and the looks go downhill. Yours is more than functional and looking great!

And that's what I like so much about his Jeep. :)

It looks good riding on the street too, where most Jeeps spend 90% of their lives anyway!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha, dave, couldnt you tell hes not done anything to the rear? You must not look at rears too much. :D

Looks good tjkj.

lol.....I think the front distracted me...:D

Dave

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It truly looks awesome, but I have one question. Why was permission need to post the pics? Not knowing the history of the vehicle or the build process you went through, is there some reason you needed permission to post the pics?

Rock Lizard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It truly looks awesome, but I have one question. Why was permission need to post the pics? Not knowing the history of the vehicle or the build process you went through, is there some reason you needed permission to post the pics?

Because the last time pics were posted it became a big frenzy on another board with way too many questions, BS, and people thinking they knew more about my kit than I did, so as long as there are no questions, BS, or ******** comments, then the pics will be allowed, otherwise posts will be deleted and no more pictures or info posted until the kit is available to the general public the beginning of 2010. rockon.gif

Last edited:

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Essentially, this is our *sneak peek*... he doesn't have to show anything...

Thanks for sharing, guys! :D

Rock Lizard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just one more picture for now so you get a better view of what's under the front:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really awesome RL and Troy.........can't wait for the "jeep completed" pic's.

I love "jeep ****"......:D

Dave

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, thats ******** man...

Can't wait to see the final product. It looks like its not even using the original rack for steering, seems to be a steering box mounted on there now. Without asking questions all i can do is assume it no longer has power steering, or its an older style power assist steering box.

Really cool though! Something i couldn't afford in my wildest dreams without winning the lottery first, its enough to just make the monthly payments!

Rock Lizard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I totally have to buy this when its avaliable to the public!
You should let the JeepKJ people get special preorder options. :D

I usually do have preorder pricing deals, only problem is I have no idea yet what this will cost, and there will be different options depending on the axle setup planned and how much you need provided into the kit that will greatly influence the end price.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, thats ******** man...

Can't wait to see the final product. It looks like its not even using the original rack for steering, seems to be a steering box mounted on there now. Without asking questions all i can do is assume it no longer has power steering, or its an older style power assist steering box.
Well since you all are very behaved.....................

The rack and pinion steering was removed and in it's place went a '91 F150 power steering gear box.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Just one more picture for now so you get a better view of what's under the front:

The detail on your KJ is just immaculate!
I would love to see it in person and just lay down underneath it and look at all the very small area's where I can tell there has been a great deal of attention has been applied.

Real professional guy's!

The only real way to build any high end vehicle.

Attention to detail.

Sweet.

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty nifty! I've always wondered how things like that manage to be street legal though--it's like a monster truck =P

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well since you all are very behaved.....................

The rack and pinion steering was removed and in it's place went a '91 F150 power steering gear box.

Ahh, intriguing!!

Thanks for that little tidbit. I have seen some other Jeep mods that put a new front axle on them, not the KJ by the way though, and it always looked like they remounted the rack in a goofy position or had extreme angles on it, etc.. I like how you re-engineered the whole thing!

But a FORD part?? Just kidding, i bet its probably bullet proof compared to the rack and pinion.

I would assume you went with that part because of availability, cost even perhaps, or because the pressures used are compatible.

I think we are a lot more civilized on here than other forums, and i sure as heck ain't going to tell you how to do something, i wouldn't have a clue man!! Not to say i'm not mechanically inclined, but what your doing is over my head. I watch the Powerblock on Spike and some of the stuff they do on their 4x4 show just makes me scratch my head and ask "how did they figure that out?"