Installing skid plates, need some help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJBassman

Reaction score
Hi again.

asyou know I have a 06 liberty used and I am adding some of the stuff needed to go off road. So I have all four skids and I got the gas skid on. I am looking at the instructions for the last three, engine, transfer case and transmisstion skids.

I am trying to see if there is a particular order to put the plats on. On the transmisstion skid plate instrutions, it shows it going door to door (under the kj that is). But later it shows it going frount to back with some over lay with the eingin skid.

has anyone install these that can shed some light on the subjec, these are the mopar skids. I am a bit confused on how they go in. I did a search but could not find anything. Any help would apreciated it (Aeh) :-k

JimKJ

Reaction score
Mopar's making a engine skid now? WHneI got my 2004, they only had the transfer case and transmission plates.

Basicaly for my 3rd party engine plate + 2 mopar plates I put the plates on in this order:

Transmission, engine, transfer.

I installed it so the skid plate to the front always overlapps the one behind it so there's no 'lip' to catch on a rock or something when going forward.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Mopar's always made engine skids... In 2002 the skids were standard equipment.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JimKJ said:
Mopar's making a engine skid now? WHneI got my 2004, they only had the transfer case and transmission plates.

Basicaly for my 3rd party engine plate + 2 mopar plates I put the plates on in this order:

Transmission, engine, transfer.

I installed it so the skid plate to the front always overlapps the one behind it so there's no 'lip' to catch on a rock or something when going forward.

Yea, the 2004's have always had a Mopar Engine skid. I have one on my 2004.

Oh, and don't back up...

JimKJ

Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
Yea, the 2004's have always had a Mopar Engine skid. I have one on my 2004.

Oh, and don't back up...

Oops... I mixe dup my skid plates. Quick check of jparts.com showed that I have the mopar engine, transfer case, and gas tank plates.

They list a new transmission plate for 2005-2006. That's the one I mixed up. It really covers more of the engine, but whatever...