I'm a proud new 2007 Jeep Liberty owner!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey all i'm new to jeep products and the forum on tuesday i went out and traded in my wifes Toyota corolla s and got me a 2007 Jeep Lib it's a sport with the 4x4 the dealership put aftermarket zinik rims on and yokohama tires it looks real sweet for the summer time anyway in the winter i will pick up some off-road tires i'm in VA and we get tons of snow. i have a few questions and i have searched the forum a couple of times!!!

1. Is there anyway to disable the door chime ; say i'm washing the jeep with the key in and the door open it just beeps all day.

2. how many people have the infinity basslink sub and whats the best way to mount it without it rolling all over the cargo area, can you hook it up to the factory system if so what will i need.

3. what are the good accesories stores for liberties.

4 are they water sealed already i have seen some of you guys pics and i must go through water 1 day =P~

i have more but i will ask 4 at a time lol

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't have owners manual handy but there is a page that tells you how to disable the chime. Something with fastening and unfastening the drivers seat belt so many times within a certain time period..........

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maddawg said:
hey all i'm new to jeep products and the forum on tuesday i went out and traded in my wifes Toyota corolla s and got me a 2007 Jeep Lib it's a sport with the 4x4 the dealership put aftermarket zinik rims on and yokohama tires it looks real sweet for the summer time anyway in the winter i will pick up some off-road tires i'm in VA and we get tons of snow. i have a few questions and i have searched the forum a couple of times!!!

1. Is there anyway to disable the door chime ; say i'm washing the jeep with the key in and the door open it just beeps all day.

2. how many people have the infinity basslink sub and whats the best way to mount it without it rolling all over the cargo area, can you hook it up to the factory system if so what will i need.

3. what are the good accesories stores for liberties.

4 are they water sealed already i have seen some of you guys pics and i must go through water 1 day =P~

i have more but i will ask 4 at a time lol

Congrats on the purchase!! Welcome to the team!!

1.) Just fasten the seatbelt while cleaning the Jeep. Now you won't have to hear the chiming sound.

2.) I don't have the basslink but I do have a sub. I use a short strap down that attaches to the grocery hooks on the back seats. Very convenient when I want to remove it or move it.

3.) Stores in my area consist of Murrays or AutoZone. I have found some things in WalMart and Target. I also have a local shop (Mumbly's off-road) when I want to get some real nice things.

4.) They are water resistant to a point. You need to make sure your not going to tread through water that may come over your hood while driving or over the top of your door step. The Jeep can go through some deep stuff though!! You've seen some of the pics, awesome!

Enjoy!!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
1.) Just fasten the seatbelt while cleaning the Jeep. Now you won't have to hear the chiming sound.

Enjoy!!

I think he is referring to the "don't forget your key" chime.. It is regardless of seatbelt buckle state.. :-k

If so, just keep the keys in "ON" position, instead of ACC position. Not for too long, though. I guess you want to listen to the radio when cleaning.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
MoladoGuy said:

Enjoy!!

I think he is referring to the "don't forget your key" chime.. It is regardless of seatbelt buckle state.. :-k

If so, just keep the keys in "ON" position, instead of ACC position. Not for too long, though. I guess you want to listen to the radio when cleaning.

Oh yea!! How about closing the lock on the door using a screwdriver? Would that fake out the system to think the door is closed? Of course don't forget to unlatch it or your door will slam and open back up.

maddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
MoladoGuy said:

Enjoy!!

right!!! i want to jam out while cleaning the jeep i know if i put it in the ON position i will be draining the engine more than ACC i guess i could always flip up the back glass to let the music out!!!! i want to post pics but i read somewhere that you can't post pics untill you have like 20 post!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
KFC :D

It has been covered many times. :) KJ = Designation of Jeep Liberty '01-'07.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I always do about the key and that noise, the latch on the door, you can push it twice and it will think the door is closed. Just be sure to pull the door handle before you close it so it returns to the 'open' position. If you dont, the door will bounce back at you.. ](*,)

O:)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
Except there's no 2001 Liberty. \:D/ lol3.gif

Congrats! Got any pics? I'd like to see how those rims look...

Well, 2001 made to 2007 made (whistle)

maddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i used edmunds.com to purchase the jeep and ended up getting out of there at 24500 out the door that with my trade.

You must be registered for see images

Going to take more pics right now it's kinda dusty out side but i will get some more shots!

i want to get rid of the spare cover and get a molded black one so here is the plan...

molded cover
steps
infinity basslink
Head unit bull bar black
roof lights
weather tech mats and cargo mats

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
These tires and rim combo look great, much meaner than I thought. These black rims match very well. Enjoy your jeep and keep us posted as you keep adding stuff to it!

Price sounded higher for 4x4 sport. Hmm :-k I guess they jacked up the prices a bit? I guess it's the tires and rims..

any plan to change rotors?

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hendrick Jeep in Woodbridge huh? Who was your salesman :) I bought mine there.

maddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
raphel sold it too me the price was jacked up b/c i was 2600 upside down on the corolla (whistle)...but it's ok the sticker price was 28000 with the wheels and tires so i just them down on that with a negative equity trade in

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy crap man. I paid under 22,000 out the door after taxes and everything on a 30,000+ sticker Limited! Gotta hit those rebates and dealer incentives just right.

At least there's another member around here, I used to be all alone.

maddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the_titan said:
Holy crap man. I paid under 22,000 out the door after taxes and everything on a 30,000+ sticker Limited! Gotta hit those rebates and dealer incentives just right.

At least there's another member around here, I used to be all alone.

as long as i got lower than the sticker by a few thousand i can deal with it

maddawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
Drool.

What size are the tires/ 275/45/20?

They are 255/45/20 the 275's might fit but it will be close at full turn i got the jeep as a nice street ride but the pics on this forum has me waiting for a day of rain to find a construction site or a trail of some sort :-k i love the water pics are the jeeps already sealed at the doors?