If you have 265/75/16 tires go and get this done immediately :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joejeeper420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its been over a week and I must say that hands down this has been the best "performance" modification yet... You have to go to the dealer and have them input the correct revolutions per mile figure into your computer. Once done your truck will "wake the heck up" and act like it did the day you bought it :) ... Acceleration, shift points, Rpm's etc are all so on point. The car just goes... No more clunky down/up shifts... Much more "pep" in the step etc... And with this figure your speedo will only be about 1mph off... I verified this with 2 different speedo apps. When the car says 60 the speedo apps flicker between 59/60... And that's only becAuse the dealer couldn't input the fraction for some reason... So he set my revs per mile from 718 to 657 instead of 657.20... I've been driving with big tires for many moons without having this done... And the difference is night and day!!!

You must be registered for see images

Joejeeper420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer just has to hook up the star tool and make the change from the pc in the shop... Takes 10 minutes tops.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
:shrug:
Like I said, you missed the whole point, only way to get more "performance " is regearing.
Yes it is now setup for that tire size but it will still lug down
We've all done this as we change tire sizes

Joejeeper420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why I put performance in Parenthesis... I know it is not an official "modification" but I can feel a night and day difference in the truck... I dont drive up and down hills and no longer tow anything with my rig... So for me it feels GREAT...

Joejeeper420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id also like to report that I think this also cleared up a tcc lockup code that the truck had been intermittently suffering from... Could just be coincidence tho...