I LOVE my Goodyear Wrangler SR-A's!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BMR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kidding... They're awful. :p

Got a little bit of snow today, and now I really want new tires.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
haha....the're probably better than the OEM Goodyear HP's I took off after only 15,000 miles on them. Took them through one winter and took them off.......haha

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
HPs are actually better than SR-A's, at least on highway.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya know.. I never have a problem with my SR-A's. I hit the gas... I go. I hit the break... I stop. In Dirt, Rain or snow.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HPs are actually better than SR-A's, at least on highway.

Thats what I was thinking. Mine were not THAT bad but it did cause for some tight butt cheeks when it would push through a corner. :eek: It was easy to get it sideways too.

Never pushed or gotten sideways with my yokos. :)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking. Mine were not THAT bad but it did cause for some tight butt cheeks when it would push through a corner. :eek: It was easy to get it sideways too.

Drift, baby.. Drift.. :D :D Tight butt cheeks? LOL!

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yea, the HP's were not THAT bad as long as they stayed on pavement and the roads were DRY. In hard rain they wern't that good, and in snow they wern't that good. Once I got them off I really felt the difference especially on snow/ice/slush that we get a lot of around here. Not to mention off road.

I still have the HP's in the garage. I tried to sell them and nobody wants them, so that tells you how good they are. They are actually in good physical condition. It's not like they are all beat up and abused.

Dave

BMR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much does the average tire place give you credit for your old rubber?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I managed to drive on my stock tires about 9 or 10,000 miles, THEN I had to get rid of them. I did miss them though cause I could do burnouts all the time. Installed a set of Firestone Destination ATs and had to watch how I drove on wet roads, before light turned green and then sit and spin for 10/15 seconds ( or longer) , new tires, light turns green , punch the gas and GONE!!!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
spin for 10/15 seconds ( or longer) ,

I also had that problem, then I realized when you let your foot off the gas they will stop spinning. :D :p

I loved taking corners with my Wrangler HPs at around 35k on tires. There was still some rubber left but they were short enough to make that ear ripping sound while spinning. The new tires don't make that sound anymore. sad2.gif It's just a low BFFFTTTT, and that's it. Not fun anymore even on slippery surface.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much does the average tire place give you credit for your old rubber?

I had 10k on my SR-A's and decided I was done with them. Went in to Discount Tire, and they credited me $50 a tire for them. I got (5) 245/70 AT2's for $440 out the door after the credit.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had 10k on my SR-A
That's not old rubber. And $50 a tire? :eek: Either they marked up a good amount on the new tire, or you got someone fired. :D

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My OEM SR-A's lasted a whole 3 miles:D.They didn't make it off the dealership lot,well not on my KJ anyways,they did on my '01 WJ that I traded in though.The MT/R's on my WJ went on my brand new KJ.

CHUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My OEM SR-A's lasted a whole 3 miles:D.

Those of you who got the Wrangler SR-A are fortunate. My KJ came equipped with Eagle RS-A, which is the same tire Nissan equipped the Maxima with. I recall Jon was running these as well & he was slipping & sliding at the car wash.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eagle RS-A, they come out Bald from the factory. No tread what so ever.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not old rubber. And $50 a tire? :eek: Either they marked up a good amount on the new tire, or you got someone fired. :D

They'll resell them for $100 a tire (installed) or something. When I was a broke 16 year old, I got some (half) bald tires on my Firebird for about $120 out the door or so. Got them cheap because I ended up with 2 different sizes - front two were the same, rear two were the same but a little larger than front. It was better than the bald ones with 5 nails a piece that were on it! :eek:

I was just happy that I got rid of my crap SR-A's and got (5) 245/70 AT2's installed for $440 out the door. 20k miles on them so far and they look great! Even if the price were escalated, it was a better deal than I could get anywhere else, so I took it :)