I am looking for good all terrain tires. Any suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pbplayer2327

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I recently installed the OME 1.5" lift and I am looking to get new tires. I want to get 245/75/16 but I'm not sure which tire to get. My friend who works at a tire place told me that instead of getting the BFG All-Terrain TKO2's which would cost $1050 for 5 of them, that I should get 5 Nokian Rotiiva AT for $825. My question is which tire should I get? I live in Massachusetts so I want good control in the snow and ice, as well as in rainy conditions. I will be off-roading occasionally too. Or do you guys have any other suggestions for tires that I should get?

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody, I recently installed the OME 1.5" lift and I am looking to get new tires. I want to get 245/75/16 but I'm not sure which tire to get. My friend who works at a tire place told me that instead of getting the BFG All-Terrain TKO2's which would cost $1050 for 5 of them, that I should get 5 Nokian Rotiiva AT for $825. My question is which tire should I get? I live in Massachusetts so I want good control in the snow and ice, as well as in rainy conditions. I will be off-roading occasionally too. Or do you guys have any other suggestions for tires that I should get?

I'm personally going with General Grabber AT2s when I get my set
Then, if I don't end up liking those for whatever reason then I'm going to try the Goodyear Wrangler Authority's
There's many tires to choose from in that price range
I can get all 5 of the AT2s for around $700-$750

Soloshot55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep. General Grabber AT2. Best All Terrain tire I've ever used and I've used a bunch. Amazing traction in the snow. Google them and look at the reviews. Awesome tire

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm on my second set of Terra Grapplers on my KJ and LR3, they work great in rain, snow and ice. Good off road too. The G2 ones should be even better. Would've gotten the Grabbers but they were backordered so I ended up with my first set of Terras.

Duratracs get good reviews too. I'd go with those before the BFGs.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm on my second set of Terra Grapplers on my KJ and LR3, they work great in rain, snow and ice. Good off road too. The G2 ones should be even better. Would've gotten the Grabbers but they were backordered so I ended up with my first set of Terras.

Duratracs get good reviews too. I'd go with those before the BFGs.

I've had Duratracs for about 50,000 miles and they've been amazing. Probably have another 15,000 left in them but that will put me right in the middle of winter and I don't want to be in the snow on slicks. Great traction in snow and rain, excellent offroad.

They get two thumbs-up from me :waytogo: :waytogo:

Bob

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
couldnt agree with bob more. Duratracs all the way. They are not on the cheap end of the scale but if you can find them on sale they are not so bad either. I found a sale of $40 off per tire and then a mail in rebate of 50 on set of 5. Paid $180 CDN per tire for 245/75/16. And really the tires are the one thing that connect you to the ground, so spend good money and you wont regret it

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm on my second set of duratracs...liked 'em both times....

I wish now I would of went back to Duratracs, but wanted to try something new
BUT really regretting what I got.
Duratracs have been the best for me in all of the tires I have tried over the last 20 plus years overall

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can vouch for the goodyears in my sig.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I wish now I would of went back to Duratracs, but wanted to try something new
BUT really regretting what I got.
Duratracs have been the best for me in all of the tires I have tried over the last 20 plus years overall

What'd you get?

Soloshot55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would buy those over the Grabber AT2? LOL that's just kooky talk.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
A cheaper Goodyear tire,
Its a Wrangler RT/S
Really a full on highway tire that is super quiet going down the road, gave into my wife saying no noise at all !:happy175: Try to please her once a year ....somehow! :gr_grin:
But for less than 100 each mounted/ balanced all taxes out the door not a bad tire I guess. Had it out on the farm and they do surprising well for a AT type tread . You can see the tread design in this picture pretty good . So guess I shouldn't say regretting, just always ran something a little different ( but would still buy these over a BFG AT or General Grabber )
You must be registered for see images attach

NOT WHAT I WANTED, but next set :emotions34::happy175:

Weren't those OEM on Jeeps back in the 90s?

How do you like them compared to like the Destination ATs?

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You would buy those over the Grabber AT2? LOL that's just kooky talk.

I have read that the sidewalls are not up to par for an LT tire on the Grabbers. I looked at them for a long time and in the end that is what steered me away.

Soloshot55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL I've ran tons of all terrains and here's the bottom line . You are absolutely positively dead wrong. By saying what you're saying you are demonstrating you lack any knowledge on the subject. NOW....We are done

Soloshot55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You think you're some sort of Jeep god but you're not. I see some people on here bow down to you but not me. I've dealt with people like you for a long time. If someone doesn't agree with you you tear them apart. If someone uses any other company but OME or if they order from anyone other than JBA you belittle them. Your knowledge is lacking

Soloshot55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at those reviews and how many people reviewed them! Yeah but let's just keep listening to Tommud!

You must be registered for see images attach

Soloshot55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Then again all these people must be wrong because Tommudd said so! Bow to the almighty Jeep god. Or maybe they are just bogus reviews. Yeah yeah that's it

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
King Soloshot55 has spoken, please everyone use Grabber ATs from now on

:happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175:
No one can have any opinion anymore

I have removed my own experiences and knowledge from this post

Soloshot55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
King Soloshot55 has spoken, please everyone use Grabber ATs from now on

:happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175:
No one can have any opinion anymore

I have removed my own experiences and knowledge from this post
Quite the contrary. Unlike you I acknowledge that one particular tire is not the only great tire! There are plenty of great all terrains likely including the Duratrac. You on the other hand think it's your way or the highway. Anyone that runs anything other than Old Man Emu is a fool. Anyone that doesn't use Duratrac are fools. Anyone that doesn't buy from JBA is a fool. Etc, etc. It's tiring, very tiring. And then you even go so far as to call the Grabbers garbage just to prove your point? That's when anyone on here with a half a brain should see right through you.