I am looking for good all terrain tires. Any suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nobody's opinions matter in the end if you don't want them to
You, I and everyone else will do whatever they want to when it comes down to it
I just come here for advice on ways to do things, I don't care what people think
"Don't get a bull bar" I have one "don't use HIDs" I have them "LED light bars suck" I have two "don't get the Grabbers" I'm getting 5.
Everyone can have an opinion, but it's your money that's getting you what YOU want
Tom likes the Duratracs, Solo like a the Grabbers
It's that simple.. There is no "right or "wrong" it all comes down to personal preference
Obviously the Grabbers are a good tire, almost any website you go to buy them from have 4-5 stars regardless of the number of reviewers as do the Duratracs
Just because 20 years ago they weren't a good selling tire doesn't mean they aren't now
It's just like the BFG, you said they used to be good, now they're overpriced and not that good of a tire
Back to the suspension stuff, OME is the best quality brand for the price point which is why everyone suggests it
And also, people can praise JBA all they want but if I can save $100-$150 just from shipping costs I will
Which is why I don't buy much stuff from them, only the parts that are only made by them that I need

Nobody needs to pick sides, we all have experience in different fields and think one thing is better than the other, that's what makes these forums interesting and gives them purpose to read
So we can all LEARN

Soloshot55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nobody's opinions matter in the end if you don't want them to
You, I and everyone else will do whatever they want to when it comes down to it
I just come here for advice on ways to do things, I don't care what people think
"Don't get a bull bar" I have one "don't use HIDs" I have them "LED light bars suck" I have two "don't get the Grabbers" I'm getting 5.
Everyone can have an opinion, but it's your money that's getting you what YOU want
Tom likes the Duratracs, Solo like a the Grabbers
It's that simple.. There is no "right or "wrong" it all comes down to personal preference
Obviously the Grabbers are a good tire, almost any website you go to buy them from have 4-5 stars regardless of the number of reviewers as do the Duratracs
Just because 20 years ago they weren't a good selling tire doesn't mean they aren't now
It's just like the BFG, you said they used to be good, now they're overpriced and not that good of a tire
Back to the suspension stuff, OME is the best quality brand for the price point
And also, people can praise JBA all they want but if I can save $100-$150 just from shipping costs I will
Which is why I don't buy much stuff from them, only the parts that are only made by them that you need

Nobody needs to pick sides, we all have experience in different fields and think one thing is better than the other, that's what makes these forums interesting and gives them purpose to read
So we can all LEARN
Ditto to everything you said [emoji3]

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Soloshot55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to run a friggin 6 inch spacer lift, with stock control arms, on 33 inch general grabbers, without regearing just to make his head explode!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Cool! I managed to get the Facebook experience and didn't even have to join Facebook to get it. This site has it all! :mwah1:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to run a friggin 6 inch spacer lift, with stock control arms, on 33 inch general grabbers, without regearing just to make his head explode!

You know I don't give a rats behind how you lift, what tires you run, what oil you use or anything.
DO you know why I spend so much time on this and other forums?
Its to help others make a good/wise choice since when it comes to say lifting a KJ, since there are only a very few ways to choose from!
I've used my own time, own money etc over the last 12 years playing with KJs to see what does and doesn't work and pass that along to others,
This is also from many years of experience on here and the other KJ forums talking and listening to others and their experiences.
So as far as making my head explode, pal you are way late, some of the things I have seen done over the last 50-60 years is nothing to what you are suggesting !:mwah1:I'll just sit here and laugh my butt off.

See stating your ideas/ values/ what you like etc is a right here in America. Now calling others names/ downing what they believe is just being a grade school bully, plain and simple .

Bye bye, going out to play with my Jeep

KJ604

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I sincerely hope you do :cheers:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh just an addition, in the past 4 days I have received 5 PMs on the various sites and Fakebook "Thanking me" for helping them build their KJ and / or KK into what they were hoping for but didn't think possible.
Now those are the people who I have made suggestions to over the past few weeks and they appreciated what info I was able to give them.
They are WHY I keep getting on here, JeepForum, LostJeeps, etc. as do many of the other members on those forums. To help, discuss and also pray
PLUS I'm just here to comfort disturbed people and disturb comfortable people.
:happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::mwah1::mwah1::mwah1::icon_razz::icon_razz::gr_grin::gr_grin::Bye::Bye::Bye:

Last edited:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weren't those OEM on Jeeps back in the 90s?

How do you like them compared to like the Destination ATs?

I'm still wondering about the Destination ATs. I've had a set on my Ranger for about two years now (about 20k) and while they are quiet and pretty good in the snow and slush and some mild mud, they seem a bit slippery on wet pavement. Of course this is a extended cab small pickup that is pretty light in the ass end so may not be a fair comparison. I have a bit of a heavy foot in it too. I really like the 245/70/16 Kelly ATRs on my KJ but haven't driven it in a while and not in the snow yet. They seem quiet and sticky in the rain. Have to get it running again for this winter.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm still wondering about the Destination ATs. I've had a set on my Ranger for about two years now (about 20k) and while they are quiet and pretty good in the snow and slush and some mild mud, they seem a bit slippery on wet pavement. Of course this is a extended cab small pickup that is pretty light in the ass end so may not be a fair comparison. I have a bit of a heavy foot in it too. I really like the 245/70/16 Kelly ATRs on my KJ but haven't driven it in a while and not in the snow yet. They seem quiet and sticky in the rain. Have to get it running again for this winter.

I bought a set of Destination ATs when my 04 had about 4-5000 on it since the stockers were terrible
While an OK tire while on dry roads, wet roads was down right scary at times IMO
In snow and ice I had to run in 4 wheel drive way more than I should of had to.
I sold them before they had 15,000 miles on them

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What the hell did I miss! Who the Hell is this soloshot guy? I like him!

:happy160:

I actually agree with some of the shit he says, but I still think this forum and ALLof it's members are a class act, and patient beyond hell. The info given by the members, even though they are sometimes repetitive and seem to be pushing a brand or vendor, is not bad info. It's up to the individual to make up their own mind in the end. And if they decide to follow what members suggest, then that's ok.

Sorry to continue this derailment, but I do have to wonder why a lot of posts seem to be missing, and the rants from solo look weird, or maybe he's really lost it?:emotions33:
Bert

Soloshot55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tommudd deleted a bunch of his posts

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I did, someone else should take a hint
served no purpose since I evidently know nothing about anything according to someone I have never met / seen or heard of
no experience I guess
no knowledge I guess
More than likely never owned or worked on any KJ / KK/ TJ/ CJ5 or 7/ XJ/ YJ/ Commando/ Wagoneer/ Jeepster. I thought or could of sworn I owned and modified them over the years

Now that we have that BS out of the way
can we get back to having some fun fun fun !
Every so often this happens and takes all of the fun out of everything we do and enjoy
:happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz::gr_grin::gr_grin::gr_grin::gr_grin::gr_grin::gr_grin::gr_grin::gr_grin:
Solo, you should really get to know someone before you make life changing judgement's about them

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Come on Tom just own up. You're part owner of Goodyear.:happy175:

Well if I had been smart when I worked for them and bought, then yes I would of been much richer now :happy175:
But sadly women , drugs and whiskey was a better way to spend money at the time !:Insane::Insane::happy175:
But no have ran Dunlops, Firestone, MTs, Denman, Kelley, Cooper, D ick Cepek, Hoosiers, Super Swampers and the list goes on and on some of the old brands not even along any more
But working for them ( at one time ) IS NOT the reason I like the Duratracs , they are just a great overall tire
best I have ran for years

NOW here I am getting in trouble with solo again :happy175::happy175::happy175::Insane:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
just don't get the yokohama geolander AT-S.
Haven't been impressed with the wear on it.

Heard that as well from a friend who is still in the tire business. he stated they seem to wear quite fast as well .
He sells more Coopers and Mastercraft than any other brand. Which of course are cousins LOL

Soloshot55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I apologize Tommudd. Maybe I misunderstood you. It just seemed to me you were bashing anything that you didn't agree with. I apologize if i jumped the gun. For what's is worth I do all my own work. I've literally owned over 100 cars and trucks. I've other CJ's, YJ's, TJ's, XJ's, KK's, KJ's. And yes even a 2015 JK. Notice I didn't say JKU!.... Never lol.