Hummer to take on Jeep

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM is looking to use their Hummer line to compete against Jeep. The H4 concept will be introduced by 2010 as a Wrangler comparison vehicle. However, the big thing here is the H3T (Truck) concept!! Chrysler Jeep needs to start pumping out the Gladiator idea because I WOULD BUY this H3T vehicle.... I think.

<iframe src="http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070731/FREE/70730008/1024/PHOTOS03" width=100% height=350></iframe>

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is against JT. And looks made-up overnight in some 3D rendering application.. after announcement of JT

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is against JT. And looks made-up overnight in some 3D rendering application.. after announcement of JT

It was a concept back in 04 but then again so was the Scrambler and Dakar (rendering I mean). Regardless Jeep needs to produce the JT whether its the Gladiator or JT that we have recently seen. It's a must have for the future.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why is there a second door handle behind where the passenger door actually opens?

I think there is a door that opens into the bed that is access for tools, etc. It shortens the bed but gives you lockable storage.

Maby they will make the Gladiator now that "Daimler" is gone....I hope. It would be nice.

Dave

Gris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure DCX will answer this obvious challenge with another car. Maybe the "compass 2"!!

Then again Dr. Z is gone. so maybe they'll actually make a SMART decision with the product line.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Don't worry. by 2010 GM will be bankrupt and so will Hummer.

Ain't gonna happen.

What exactly is the purpose of the H4? People have already begun to place large rims on the Wrangler Unlimited. There's no place for the H4. :p

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM's doing a lot better than the others. People still fail to realize how huge they are. Sure, they are hurting. If it comes down to it, they'll drastically resize and make it through.

FWIW, I've owned vehicles from each of the big three, and they all have their strengths and weaknesses. Don't get me wrong, I love my KJ, but there are plenty of annoying things about it too. One is NOT better than the other in any way, shape, or form.

I truly hope that there is a competitor to the Wrangler someday. My buddy and I were talking about this on the way back from the pick-n-pull this weekend. He needed an intermittant wiper switch for his '99 since they didn't make that standard until 2001 in the Wranglers. The markup on those things is asinine. They are great vehicles, but they should cost about $15k. Maybe some competition will spur some more competitive pricing and standard features.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Well said, Atrus, especially about the pricing on the Wrangler. That is THE main reason why I have issues buying one and I really like them, especially the TJ. They're nowhere NEAR a decent value. But looking at GM's history and Hummer's pricing, they will likely price their H4 right along in Wrangler territory and possibly higher.

And of course, people will still buy it.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
GM's doing a lot better than the others. People still fail to realize how huge they are. Sure, they are hurting. If it comes down to it, they'll drastically resize and make it through.

FWIW, I've owned vehicles from each of the big three, and they all have their strengths and weaknesses. Don't get me wrong, I love my KJ, but there are plenty of annoying things about it too. One is NOT better than the other in any way, shape, or form.

I truly hope that there is a competitor to the Wrangler someday.

I agree. GM is good and I had a Ford Bronco II once.

There is no current competion for the wrangler. Around here anyway you would pinstripe a hummer and have dents down the sides. You can barely get a jeep in most places and turn it around. The fj is too ugly and big too. Now the old fj's...they were nice...and better competition for a wrangler.

No vehicle is perfect. But I do like the KJ.

Dave

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truth be told, I'd rather buy a GM vehicle than Ford or Chrysler. I understand them better, and there's better aftermarket, especially for the electonics (PCM).

I also had an '88/'96 hybrid (don't ask) Bronco. Great vehicle.

Agreed, I have had my KJ for 5 months and I've put just over 9k miles on it and I love it. I look forward to a long ownership!