Jeep Pickup Truck Coming for 2012

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Jeep Pickup Truck Coming for 2012

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

A version of a Jeep pickup shown to Chrysler dealers during a recent dealers meeting in Orlando, Fla., has been greenlit for production, according to PickupTrucks.com sources.

On Tuesday, Jeep CEO Mike Manley reportedly showed dealers a pickup truck that’s said to closely resemble the well-received Jeep Gladiator concept from 2005.

Industry sources have told us that production of the Jeep pickup is expected to start in the third quarter of 2011, with the pickup badged as a 2012 model. It’s said to be based on the four-door Jeep Wrangler JK Unlimited platform but with a two-door regular cab configuration with extra space behind the front seats for storage.

Jeep hasn't offered a pickup for sale to consumers in North America since the 1992 Jeep Comanche ended production.

Manley told PickupTrucks.com in June that he was interested in small pickup trucks because of their popularity worldwide.

Todd Goyer, head of Jeep brand communication and product planning, said the company had no comment about the news of a Jeep pickup.

Our friends at FourWheeler are hearing similar rumblings about a Jeep pickup.

http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2010/09/sources-say-jeep-pickup-truck-coming-for-2012.html

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
When Tony and I toured the plant this spring, it was rumored that one would be built here in Toledo. Look for something like the J-8.
They were talking about moving the production of the J-8s back state side which would open up the ability to build them here for sale.

Last edited:

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
The only thing I have to say is........GET THE HELL AWAY FROM THE WRANGLER CRAP! Do something new and off the wall. Stop putting the Wrangler into everything!

But it does look good.

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
i just hope that you can get it with the CRD or maybe a 4.7 or 5.7

If you mean the MB V6 CRD, yes. I you meant that "other" that hasn't been legal here in nearly 5 years, uh, no.

The Pentastar 3.6 (290 hp/260#) is more than adequate for this vehicle.

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got my fingers crossed.....

That they actually build it as a serious pickup with real world off road capabilities, and not water it down so it appeals to the mall crawler / soccer mom crowd....

That it comes standard with heavy solid axles front & rear, properly sized mud-terrain tires on rugged wheels, offered with a manual transmission, Roc-Trac transfer case, and most importantly.....full skid plates.....

Time will tell.....

Vranes17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
soo seck sea, looks a little bit too much like the H3 but oh well . I would rock one if i had the $$$

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be awesome if they offered it as a v8--My parents are looking to buy a new truck within the next couple of years and my mother seemed surprisingly interested in this when I showed her the picture, but only if it can tow more than our little Ranger =D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Believe it when I see it,on the dealer lot.

My first thought when I saw that. Second thought is come on jeep it is time for the Gladiator so bring it on......:smokin:

Dave

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Lets face it Jeep is missing a huge market segment by not producing a Pick-up.
IMHO it is coming to lot near you, hopefully soon. (I want one) depending on what is potentially offered.
I wish there was more available information on what was shown to the dealers as far as the new truck.
Time to wait I suppose, and try to keep on top of what is being presented on the web.

ericautopart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow that is a very macho looking jeep, that one.. cannot wait to see it out and about. any updates on the improvements of its performance and appearance? the picture looks very awesome but i think i'm getting interested in learning about the improvements.

Spam much?

Latest posts

Members online