Honestly Blunt Review #12 Used OEM Fuel tank Skid Plate (DeadJeep)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I am extremely happy with the OEM Fuel Tank Skid Plate I received from DeadJeep.com. The price was incredibly low at 129.00 USD with free shipping.

The plate itself was in far better condition than I expected. A small amount of surface rust and minor pitting at the bolt f.langes. One tiny, barely perceptible scuff on the bottom- I suspect this plate was off a mall crawler. The entire plate had been washed and scrubbed fairly well, and arrived to me in custom packaging with a lot of anti-damage protection.

I couple of pre-paint washes with ZEP (see other reviews), a bit of elbow grease, and a few moments with a ScotchBrite wheel and a flap wheel on the ol' angle grinder and it cleaned right up. I treated all the previous rusted areas with rust converter. Dual coats of rust blocking primer and two coats of Industrial Safety Red (very close to the Apple Red and JBA's Bengal Red else where on various bits of my build) and it looks like a million bucks.

Now if I can just get the last three mounting bolts loose...dang Blue Loctite I used previously is kicking my gluteus maxima...

All in all very happy with with the product.

Finally, I would like to go on record about DeadJeep and their customer service. At the time of writing, we are in the downslide from the pandemic. Shortages of both materials and labor is common. There was a 3.5 week lead time on this skid plate. DeadJeep customer service responded quickly to messages, and even often full refunds if the lead time was too long. I would rate the customer service and communication at a full five stars.

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to know you had a good experience, I ordered a front engine/oil pan skid from them about 9 days ago, I hope mine goes smooth as well.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Good to know you had a good experience, I ordered a front engine/oil pan skid from them about 9 days ago, I hope mine goes smooth as well.
Just be patient. They are short handed on people like a lot of mom and pop businesses right now.

James Akemon

Reaction score
I'd go with Frog Faberication for their under armor and skidrow for tank skid.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
KILBY gas tank skid is the flat out best , I have put a floor jack under mine and jacked up the jeep with no flex
I have skidrow for engine / trans skids on 03 with JBA engine to bumper skid

Latest posts

Members online