Hmmm Exhaust?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stampey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I really love how the KJ sounds right now, even with nothing but the stock setup. But, Im wondering if anyone's running a different type of muffler, to make the Kj sound a bit more throughtier, and rougher. Not to interested in getting better preformence, just want a little better sound. I dont want it to be overly loud, or ugly sounding though. Suggestions??

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Magnaflow Muffler cat-back system.

It gives an amazing sound, a little bit of performance; and the best part is its a straight stock replacement install you can do on your own. Its only a two bolt off , two bolt on process.

I am currently selling mine on the cheap so if you are interested jump on it.

Heres the link.
http://www.jeepkj.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4646&start=0

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
O ohh..
You must be registered for see images

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stampey said:
Well I really love how the KJ sounds right now, even with nothing but the stock setup. But, Im wondering if anyone's running a different type of muffler, to make the Kj sound a bit more throughtier, and rougher. Not to interested in getting better preformence, just want a little better sound. I dont want it to be overly loud, or ugly sounding though. Suggestions??

Just go with a Magnaflow Polished Muffler...sounds great. I will try to post a sound clip soon. It cost me $115 installed by my local shop.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
Stampey said:

Just go with a Magnaflow Polished Muffler...sounds great. I will try to post a sound clip soon. It cost me $115 installed by my local shop.

This is a good option if you do not want the stock parts anymore. As the stock pipe will have to be cut. Still could be done in your driveway, but some metalworking skills would be required. Cheaper, yes, but the whole kit makes for some nice eye candy and a *slightly* deeper tone. (just my opinion after parking next to Phil and listening.)

Also: Mine comes with the "lost" alien bodies from roswell.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
Stampey said:

Hmm.....

<-- thinks..... \:D/

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
jfortier777 said:
MoladoGuy said:
Stampey said:

This is a good option if you do not want the stock parts anymore. As the stock pipe will have to be cut. Still could be done in your driveway, but some metalworking skills would be required. Cheaper, yes, but the whole kit makes for some nice eye candy and a *slightly* deeper tone. (just my opinion after parking next to Phil and listening.)

Also: Mine comes with the "lost" alien bodies from roswell.

x2... comes with awesome exhaust tip to boot....

Free installation if you drive to Milwaukee.

Stampey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm this is very tempting. I saw on magnaflows website they run for about 500 bucks. Hmm I get paid next week \:D/ . Gotta talk with the parents first. Ill contact one of you guys if i can get away with it. Anything wrong with either of them? What will this do to my emissions, if anything (california standards are a Bi%$#).

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Stampey said:
Hmm this is very tempting. I saw on magnaflows website they run for about 500 bucks. Hmm I get paid next week \:D/ . Gotta talk with the parents first. Ill contact one of you guys if i can get away with it. Anything wrong with either of them? What will this do to my emissions, if anything (california standards are a Bi%$#).
Shouldn't have an effect on emissions. It's just a muffler. Mufflers have no impact on exhaust gases. They just quiet them down.

Now if you were modifying your catalytic converter... then.... you've got to worry about emissions.