High Pitch Sound Through Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cvt8474

Reaction score
Saturday night I turned on my 08 KK with the base cd player and nothing but an incredibly high pitch sound came out of the speakers. The only thing I could compare it to is holding a microphone up to a speaker. I tried switching between radio and cd and turned the radio on and off and that didn't help. After turning the Jeep off and back on the sound went away. Anyone had this strange issue? I'm really starting to get irritated with this Jeep!

cvt8474

Reaction score
The dealer said that my amplifier (factory) needed to be updated. Has anyone heard of this? I've never heard of anyone having to have an update on an amplifier ever.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer said that my amplifier (factory) needed to be updated. Has anyone heard of this? I've never heard of anyone having to have an update on an amplifier ever.

I know some vehicles come with the amp built into the stereo. I'm not sure how the KKs are setup but He could mean updating the firmware of the stereo and inturn that will "update" the amp. Even with that idea out there... I never hear of updating a stereo. Though I'm sure you can probably update an after factory stereos firmware now but your guess is still good as mine.

well anyways, with what ever needs to be updated... Shouldn't the warranty cover it by any chance?

Last edited:

cvt8474

Reaction score
Yes the warranty is covering everything, and the dealership hasn't given me a hard time for any of the issues I've had. They have always done the update.

steve4459

Reaction score
High pitched noise on Nav unit

Saturday night I turned on my 08 KK with the base cd player and nothing but an incredibly high pitch sound came out of the speakers. The only thing I could compare it to is holding a microphone up to a speaker. I tried switching between radio and cd and turned the radio on and off and that didn't help. After turning the Jeep off and back on the sound went away. Anyone had this strange issue? I'm really starting to get irritated with this Jeep!

I just installed a RB1 Nav unit in my 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited. I am having the same high pitched noise coming through the speakers as soon as I hooked the unit up. It does not matter if the vehicle is running or not. The pitch does not change no matter what source you are on. The pitch volume gets louder and softer when I adjust the volume up or down. I can barely hear the radio or cd playing in the backround under the high pitch sound. I tried leaving the battery disconnected for a while and also loading and unloading the nav disk as well, and still no luck. I just have the nav unit hooked up with no accessories like Bluetooths or Ipod adapters. Did you ever get this issue resolved? If so, what was the problem? Anyone else have any ideas?

I am kinda under the gun here, as I bought this off of a guy on Ebay and I only have 3 days to return it for a refund. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Great forum you guys have here!!! We just bought the Liberty 2 weeks ago, so it looks like I have alot of reading to do!!!:D

Steve

cvt8474

Reaction score
I just installed a RB1 Nav unit in my 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited. I am having the same high pitched noise coming through the speakers as soon as I hooked the unit up. It does not matter if the vehicle is running or not. The pitch does not change no matter what source you are on. The pitch volume gets louder and softer when I adjust the volume up or down. I can barely hear the radio or cd playing in the backround under the high pitch sound. I tried leaving the battery disconnected for a while and also loading and unloading the nav disk as well, and still no luck. I just have the nav unit hooked up with no accessories like Bluetooths or Ipod adapters. Did you ever get this issue resolved? If so, what was the problem? Anyone else have any ideas?

I am kinda under the gun here, as I bought this off of a guy on Ebay and I only have 3 days to return it for a refund. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Great forum you guys have here!!! We just bought the Liberty 2 weeks ago, so it looks like I have alot of reading to do!!!:D

Steve

Check your messages Steve, I replied to your question in there.

GhstRider

Reaction score
On my 6 disc, if I turn the radio off I will hear a fan running or the disc is still spinning. Its to the point to where I just ignore it.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It's Mariah Carey's new album.