High mileage club

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's good,I know where to find a low mile replacement.;);)

Who said I'd be selling it? :D

Who said he'd be buying it? Hey Ridenby, I've a 22' deck-over with a decent ramp and a Ramsey 15K winch up front hooked up to a 3/4 ton chev. I'm on my way!!!

Even in Park with the E brake on I'm sure we'll be able to drag it up.:D

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have a 12 pound Bichon Toy Poodle guarding my place...so come at your own risk.... :D

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
'05...original owner...only 69,514 miles...I know it isn't 100k but if you knew the owner...SHOCKED.gifI would honestly bet that my KJ has seen 105 MPH more than any other or it is at least in the top 5. I break 100 weekly. Clutch is dandy despite tons of clutch-dumping starts and the 1-2 power shifts have not caused any noticable problems with the ****** or rear. R. front axle seal is leaking as we speak, though.

Ball joint recall, front/rear brakes while it was apart for the lift, crappy springs replaced by said lift. The only big disappointment was the water pump dying at 17,000 miles. I put it down to "you can get a bad anything" and have had no issues since. Well, I have had one rear stop/turn light burn out...LOL.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 12 pound Bichon Toy Poodle guarding my place...so come at your own risk.... :D

I have a poodle guarding mine too....she's fiesty.........:D

You must be registered for see images

I guess I don't qualify for the high mileage club but I can put my info here anyway for comparison.

I have an 05 with 46,8xx on it. I had the lower ball joint recall done. Rear pinion seal had a small leak and fixed under warranty. It was barely wet. Right front pinion seal had a small leak also. This was a real "dripper". It was fixed under warranty. Both happened under the 3/36. Right rear tail light fuse blew out for some reason? I only noticed it because it also took out the instrument cluster lights. It happened at night of course. Never happened again. Other than that all I have done is routine fluid changes.

Dave

AZWFO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
02 limited, original owner, purchased july 01, 106k miles.

Radiator replaced a 45k miles from pin-hole leak. Recalls done. normal maintenence to front/rear diff,transfer case and ******, many many oil changes. lots of air filters. front pads replaced once, then later new rotors and pads. rears are oem even still!. RR brake broke a return spring at 40k. no issues with window regulators. replaced 2 left speakers and one right on "premium sound" system. 2 sets tire changes. one extra alighment due to and "got airborne" episode in the early years. headlight replacement. PS and belt tensioner replaced. running on 4th battery including oem. Dash, shifter and tail-lights sometimes need a little fonzie-tap to keep-um shining bright.

Overall still a very strong runner. Many good memories-and more to come

Go Jeep!:D

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
I'm at 110,250 today. I've had the lower ball joints replaced on a recal (Free), replaced the oil pressure sensor($12), the washer fluid pump (Free), a few coils ($40), the steering collumn due to chryslers inconsiderate engineering on the cylinder lock ($220) and thats it I think. $300 worth of maintenance over the past 2 years isn't bad, if It only costs me $150 per year to keep this thing running that really not bad, only about $0.41 a day. I love this thing and hope it lasts another 110k.

nzoliver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Well mine is an '02 and it has 80000km - that's only about 50000 miles. :party52:

Is that a 'low' miler??:freak3: It is ex Japan and I got at 42000km in Jan '09.
Ball joint and Knee blocker under recall. Full Chrysler/Jeep service at 48000km (30000miles) inc. all fluids and new plugs etc. FOllowed the Chrysler plan ever since and no problems at all except replacing the TPS at about 55000km.

YAY!!:favorites37:

daedaestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mines just under 164000 and i jus put a new motor and radiator in it about 2000 miles ago! had the upper and lower bj dun on recall replaced the alternator, battery, and front pads, replaced 1 coil, removed the a/c clutch shim, needs MAN tires, unplugged the 4wd selector switch, replaced numerous evap lines and still have small evap leak! jus had front windows tinted last week, about to install evic, going to paint rims black.... going to build wooden cargo cover , and lift kit eventually and maybe some wheel spacers

Last edited:

Mangate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Well mine is an '02 and it has 80000km - that's only about 50000 miles. :party52:

Is that a 'low' miler??:freak3: It is ex Japan and I got at 42000km in Jan '09.
Ball joint and Knee blocker under recall. Full Chrysler/Jeep service at 48000km (30000miles) inc. all fluids and new plugs etc. FOllowed the Chrysler plan ever since and no problems at all except replacing the TPS at about 55000km.

YAY!!:favorites37:

My 03 lives in NZ, has 35,000km. It's also ex Japan, bought it in 2008 with 4,400km and still with factory fitted oil filter.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'ma roll over to 90,000 miles probably this week or next.

No changes to my maintenance history:

Handbrake ratchet assy replaced under bumper-to-bumper warranty. <36,000
Water pump went at 82,000.
Ignition switch failure at 78,000
Replaced tensioner at 86,000

edit: 90,000 not 89,000. Oh, and it rolled over...

Last edited:

gabegt90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
202,900 miles steering column replaced twice under warranty ball joints recall. new radiator general maintenance things oil changes spark plug's now it needs a crank sensor ac condenser has been replaced once

splinter_cell

Reaction score
226,684 miles. Replaced: Front Driveshaft @ 175,00, replaced ****** ($250.00 junkyard one) @ 200,000, Replaced Upper balls/ wheel bearings/ outer tie rod ends @ 215,000. Just did cam sensor/ alternator yesterday, Ball joints (2) times per recall. Everything else normal maintenance. Not to bad for 226,000!! Averaging 19.2 MPG.

Now time to do a little body work. Some rust is developing above the rear gate. Thinking about a lift of some sort....Need to research.

Edit: 2003 Liberty Limited 4x4

Last edited:

Savage

Reaction score
02 sport 130,000 ... regular maintanece, battery, spark plugs, tires, and I am about ready to change my drivers cv and all the seals in the front diff:( otherwise has been worry free got my libby with 80,000 2 years ago. love it

h0use34

Reaction score
My 03 has ~155,*** miles on it. Replaced the ac clutch, inner and outter right tie rods but should have only been the outter except someone cross threaded the inner. Tires, brakes, oil changes, both front hub bearings(they need done again soon), Will be fixing both front UCAs with JBAs soon. Had to replace both tail lights and the plugs to the harness. BDS lift, have new front bilsteins just been too lazy to install.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
148,000 now, only one driver
replaced
right side CV 135,000
Intermediate shaft 135000
u joints 55,000
front driveshaft 115,000
front brakes 99,000
rear brakes 135,000
right outer tie rod end 125,000
rest just normal oil changes ( 48 of them)
spark plugs ( 7 sets)
diff fluids (6 times)
trans (3 times )

Latest posts

Members online