High mileage club

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just rolled over 90,000 on mine this weekend. So far, besides routine maintenance, this is all it's needed:

-LBJs replaced (recall)
-New Water Pump
-New Windshield (old one broken by a rock on the highway)
-New Battery
-New spark plugs at 60K
-A new transfer case position sensor

The only weird thing right now is a creak in the suspension over bumps when the temperature is below 40F. I suspect either the UBJs or the sway bar, but since the spring thaw it's been fine.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just rolled over 90,000 on mine this weekend. So far, besides routine maintenance, this is all it's needed:

-LBJs replaced (recall)
-New Water Pump
-New Windshield (old one broken by a rock on the highway)
-New Battery
-New spark plugs at 60K
-A new transfer case position sensor

The only weird thing right now is a creak in the suspension over bumps when the temperature is below 40F. I suspect either the UBJs or the sway bar, but since the spring thaw it's been fine.

My bet is on sway bar bushings. A lot of people have that same creak.

02JeepGirl

Reaction score
Mine is an '02, with about 109,000 miles. Other than standard proper maintenance, the only thing I have had to replace/repair is the radiator. It formed a little crack at the top. Other than that, it's been SO reliable.

Bmxbika11

Reaction score
112k.....Replaced brakes twice, serpentine belt, water pump, driver's side signal, new set of tires and countless oil filters...Need to replace AC Compressor Clutch but since it hasn't been to warm I havent bothered changing it. No complaints over here!

jimymc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2003 Renegade, 118+ miles. We are the second owner so am not sure what was done by previous owner. It came with tow bar base plates so no telling how many miles it was towed. It also had an OME lift kit already installed. It had 112K on it when we bought it in December. Since then I have changed all the fluids, serpentine belt and pulleys/tensioner. Changed out the worn out tires with Firestone Destination AT's. The passenger side half axle and intermediate had to be replaced. The AC clutch just went out so changed the compressor with new clutch and drier.(the new serpentine belt and tensioner may have just added the right amount of new tension to help it along) The sway bar end link bushings are shot and will be replaced shortly. The rear brakes need new pads and there is a slight roar above 60. Think I will be getting a new front drive shaft soon. Love off-roading with it. We will be towing it behind our motorhome to Alaska this summer and am looking forward to wheelin' in the Canadian Rockies and Alaska.

I live, I ride, I love my Jeep!

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
This thread puts a smile on my face. Lets me know about how long my KJ will last!

autoboy454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just rolled my KJ over the 120K mark on my way back up to VT from MA this weekend. I'm so proud nana.gif

Latest posts

Members online