2002 3.7 Motor Rattle at 3k

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dscott90000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This ground wire is not connected to anything .... found it dangling near the drivers upstream 02 sensor connector
You must be registered for see images
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it mounts to the engine. Hopefully someone can tell you which thread on the engine it mounts too.

It shouldn't matter.

dscott90000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it mounts to the engine. Hopefully someone can tell you which thread on the engine it mounts too.

It shouldn't matter.

Nice I am pretty sure it does mount to the engine now...It was close to a very lose bolt... one I am assuming is for the ground strap shown above...

Hmm this could be my weird starting issue problem?? Click click turn over again then starts fine.

dscott90000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welp advanced only has a 15" one.... wtf. Guess I will be re vidalizing the old 1.

dscott90000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turned out the negative battery cables were Jimmy rigged very badly by the previous owner. They started smoking.

Trans fluid ...check when hot ? Atf 4, check below the hot dipstick line?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Yup I drive for 20 minutes cause I want to see where it is once the fluid expands when hot.
So with parking brake on in Neutral, on level ground, pull the trans dipstick, and it should be in the crosshatch Hot zone. I like to see it at the top or even a tiny bit above the line..

dscott90000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no idea... prev owner.

I have an 2002 4 X 4 auto.. I'm guessing I'll have to drop the pan as well as the transfer case and differentials to do a complete fluid change

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no idea... prev owner.

I have an 2002 4 X 4 auto.. I'm guessing I'll have to drop the pan as well as the transfer case and differentials to do a complete fluid change

Absolutely! God willing it wasn't damaged.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
You did add specifically ATF+4 Transmission fluid right?
I check all my fluid levels weekly from brake to power steering,trans,oil, washer & even the darn blinker fluids!
Keep an eye on that trans fluid, if it was down that much you may have a leak some where. I have a rubber mat under my jeep and if anything is leaking, I know about it quick.
It may be a good future plan to do the rear diff,front diff & transfer case as well as new filter & ATF+4 in the transmission too.
Always refer to your owners manual if you are not sure on what lube or ATF+4 get used where. It is listed under fluid specifications!
dscott90000 continuing post re transmission here ... http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f196/4-trans-codes-56897/

Last edited: