Hidden kill switch location??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soon Im gonna to be using my KJ CRD UAV (Urban Assault Vehicle) to travel to the Big City more often, so I want to install a hidden ignition kill switch to completely disable Giddyup's "git up n'go" .

Inflation means that I cant afford the Ravelco like I have on the big truck, so ideas on locations for a SPECIFIC wire to splice a switch into are welcome!!!

TIA

Last edited:

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
The red one.

Just guessing. How about whatever wire provides power at the ignition switch or whatever wire triggers the ASD relay.

Last edited:

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jokes aside modern(ish) cars with immobilisers are pretty hard to steal, in the UK most of them are stolen by stealing the keys first and then only seriously valuable stuff gets taken as a rule, there are code grabbers for keyless cars but the jeep has an imbedded chip so the immobiliser won't let it run even if its unlocked. The druggies in the citys will break a window and grab anything that looks like it may be worth something but they aren't clever enough to get past the immobiliser.
The old way of doing it was to put a switch in the key to start solenoid wire, with an auto jeep the park inhibitor switch could be used too. I wouldn't do anything with the signal wires from the sensors in case it causes problems.

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The old way of doing it was to put a switch in the key to start solenoid wire, with an auto jeep the park inhibitor switch could be used too.

I like that idea alot...the Park/start switch must be located in the AT shift wiring bundle right in the center console...could tap it and hide a switch from there pretty easily !!!

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm ... having trouble finding the park safety interlock switch in the FSM ... of course there are a LOT of references to parking BRAKE switches, and neutral safety switches for manual transmissions, but not for the parking interlock...at least that I could find.

Im sure I could find it by taking the center console apart, but can someone tell me EXACTLY where it is or have a link to it in the FSM to save me some time??

Last edited:

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
The shift interlock is a cable mechanism that goes to the ignition switch assembly in the column. The ASD relay is under the hood in the fuse/relay box, top right, standing in front of it; #39.

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it looks like if I can isolate the wire that goes to #87A (normally closed) on the ASD relay and then extend and switch it from inside the car that would do the trick.

That, or simply pull the ASD relay while Im parked in the city...like KJowner already suggested. ;)

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
There's a grommet with wires high inside the driver's side fender on the firewall you can poke some wires through with hanger wire to get them inside the cabin. I ran wires for trailer brakes and ham radio that way. The knee panel under the steering column pops out and pivots down. I mounted the trailer brake circuit breaker on the panel's metal plate.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The shift interlock is a cable mechanism that goes to the ignition switch assembly in the column. The ASD relay is under the hood in the fuse/relay box, top right, standing in front of it; #39.
Oh! I thought it had a switch in there as well!!

BigMopar440

Reaction score
The shift interlock is to prevent the car from being put in gear without applying the brake. There should also be the neutral safety switch which prevents the car from being started if it is not in park or neutral. This would be an electrical device.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.