2005 Jeep Liberty CRD for sale.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vincethesoundguy

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but figured the forum administrator would move it or delete it, if not.

I'm selling my CRD. Bought it as a combination tow vehicle, and 4 wheel snow monster because my intention 18 months ago was to move to CO, and eventually retire there. Isn't gonna happen. My business is too established in Central Florida, and as is works out retirement is farther away than I'd like. Bought a smaller, more fuel efficient Korean car to tote me and my audio gear from job to job, and so on. The listing below is what I am posting on the local Craigslist site, plus it's sitting in front of my home with for sale signs on it in Saint Cloud, FL. Never seen so much interest in a vehicle as I've seen with this truck.

For Sale - 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD Sport trim 4x4, $9700.00

A hard to find 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD Sport trim 4x4, with the 2.8 liter turbo diesel engine. Has the Customer Preferred Package, 5 speed automatic transmission, 16X7 Luxury Aluminum Silver Wheels, Full sized spare tire, 4-wheel disc brakes, AM-FM Stereo with in-dash 6 disc CD player, Seat covers, etc, etc........ The optional equipment list goes on and on.

It has a 5,000 towing capacity, with a 2” Hidden Hitch Receiver, 7 pin round trailer wiring connector, and Tekonsha Voyager electric brake controller mounted on the dash. It also has a neutral position on the drive train that allows for it to be towed by an RV or another vehicle. The fuel economy is outstanding for such a rugged beast. It's rated at 21 city and 26 highway mpg, but I have never gotten below 23 city, and have gotten as high as 28 mpg highway when driving conservatively. This little Italian diesel motor was put in these trucks for just two years, 2005 and 2006. It generates 160 hp, and 295 foot pounds of torque. Many V-8's don't have that much torque.

107,000 miles on this 4x4, and since I've owned it I've used only Shell Rotella Synthetic T6 diesel oil. Last oil change at 104,500 miles. New 875 CA battery in January 2014. New rear control arm/ball joint, and 2 rear trailing arms changed at 103,600 miles. Rear differential drain and fill at 99,000 miles. Rear shocks changed at 97,000 miles. New serpentine belt at 92,300 miles. Synthetic transmission fluid and two internal filters changed at 90,000 miles. All recalls have been addressed as well.

I bought this last year to tow a small travel trailer, 2300 pounds, but after one trip I decided to continue my camping experiences in hotels. The trailer has been sold and so now I don't need the towing capacity any longer, and am looking to go back to a small car.

I own this truck free and clear, have title in hand, but am somewhat firm on my price, $9,700.00. Based on the mileage, this is the least expensive 2005 CRD within 500 miles of Saint Cloud, FL. I want to sell it, but am not gonna give it away – so no ridiculous offers please.

Vince

I have many more photos of the exterior and interior of this truck and can send them if requested.

Attachments

• DSC_6235.jpg
    DSC_6235.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC_6250.jpg
    DSC_6250.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online