Help quick!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheSauce05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I screwed up... ugh. Changed the hub and bearings on my 02' Liberty yesterday and today. Passenger side wasn't much trouble, but the drivers side was a pain to get the axle out of the hub. Had to hammer on it. Problem is what was supposed to be a few wacks turned into me getting angry and frustrated and beating the crap out of it. Now, I did put the axle nut back on before I hammered on the axle, so the axle is fine. No problems. My problem is I royally screwed up the nut. Absolutely can not get it to thread all the way on. It will go until the very end of the nut and it stops. I tried to dremel out the area that I messed up, but it's getting me nowhere. No place around here has the nut and searching online has lead me to some questionable results. I need this thing ASAP as I'm driving the Jeep to Tennessee this coming weekend. Anyone know where I can get one in a hurry? Thanks!

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rockauto.com?

there is also a member parting out an 02 and 03 in the for sale section i think

TheSauce05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rockauto.com?

there is also a member parting out an 02 and 03 in the for sale section i think

Rock auto had nothing. Found it on a mopar parts site. Spent $20+ on it. Then I figured I'd keep messing with the old one. Ended up being able to evenly dremel off the last few damaged threads. Then it went right on. So I'm out the $20+. Oh well.

Members online

No members online now.