Help me modify the wifes liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
If you guys don't know how to do it I would be more than happy to teach you. I am very patient with beginners.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so here is some information that might actually help with modifying your jeep instead of just everyone else talking/ranting...

mounting lights on the bumper:
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f201/hella-500s-mounting-question-39562/

i got the taillight covers too. i have a black limited, so black on black exterior and i got the charcoal metallic light guards(mopar) and they look great
Taillamp Guards. Install Time 0.2 hrs. Protective Guards. 2012 JEEP LIBERTY # 82208231
you can google for part numbers, check ebay, plenty on there for good prices.

in my opinion tow hooks are always a good idea, you never know what you might run into.

mmiikkee

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. Were from Howard City about 30 minutes north of Grand Rapids. I've gotten a lot of good ideas for digging through this site. you all talked me into quality springs and I agree with krawlr4life, if it goes up it has to be safe. I've drove a number of vehicles that were shady but I would never let her drive something unsafe. I guess the plan is to do the bolt on stuff and take the money that would have been spent on different tires and use it towards the OME kit. The current rubber is good and fine for now plus after the lift we would want bigger ones anyways. I like the libby, steered her towards one over the escape she wanted for a number of reasons so it's worth spicing up a bit. 02 with 100k for $4800 that is spotless seemed like a good deal to me so why not do it up. Keep the ideas coming if you got em. Kyle, thanks for the input on the stuff I'm talking about!

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will see if i can get some good pictures of the jeep this weekend, i just insalled JCR sliders, thrush 17718 muffler, i have the mopar light guards, skid plates, etc. and i was going to put my PIAA lights on last night, but the tow hook bolts are so tight...i cant get them off with the tools i have here, need to stop at my dads.

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Ironman lift seems to be about 1/2" less lift than the OME, if that makes any difference to you...

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends..... I saw one Tom did. He massaged it to almost 4" lift!

with add ons, yes. I was just referring to springs and nothing else. Of course, my Ironmans with a 1/4" top plate only gave me about an inch...:happy175:

ocfc494

Reaction score
get some windshield lights! I just installed mine. trying to write up a post now

Johnny Turbo

Reaction score
I'm watching this thread for ideas with my wife's 04 that is primarilya kids commuter car now. It's at 140 k and needs door bottoms and springs and shocks. I'd like to hear what muffler is best regarded as decent sound and long life. I got about 5 years out of a "stainless"" muffler I ordered from autozone. I'll look into that thrush 17718 now.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm watching this thread for ideas with my wife's 04 that is primarilya kids commuter car now. It's at 140 k and needs door bottoms and springs and shocks. I'd like to hear what muffler is best regarded as decent sound and long life. I got about 5 years out of a "stainless"" muffler I ordered from autozone. I'll look into that thrush 17718 now.

I have the Thrush Welded on my Renegade and it sounds great, Nice growl but no stupid sounding or too loud, Solid muffler.