Hello from Georgia!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
Hey y'all,

2005 3.7L KJ owner here, with a new problem every week due to the previous owner's poor (read: nonexistent) maintenance. Still running strong at almost 250k miles though, despite being both my project car and my daily driver! Goals here are a.) keep it running and undo the years of neglect it's suffered, and b.) give it a fresh coat of paint and some nice parts to make it look a little better.

Currently the only real changes I've made to it are the wheels/tires that came off a '92 grand cherokee and tossing on a roof rack, as well as several repairs including a transmission rebuild and replacing every part of the suspension, cooling, and brake systems.

You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
WELCOME TO THE MADNESS , LOL
Just read and ask questions
many parts needed are MOPAR only that work well
correct spark plugs ( NGK COPPERS only , HOAT coolant are just two examples
suspension wise don;t go Detroit Axle and other cheap companies unless you like replacing parts every few months
Moog greaseable lower ball joints in front etc
Good luck

Jeremy-WI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another Renegade owner, at least you shouldn't had many issues replacing the upper control arms being in Georgia. The rear bolts on mine were rusted into the bushings, the one came loose after keeping it soaked in penetrating oil but the drivers side still won't budge. Last Sunday I decided to try my portable acetylene torch on it only to have the acetylene tank go empty

FlyingDebris

Reaction score
WELCOME TO THE MADNESS , LOL
Just read and ask questions
many parts needed are MOPAR only that work well
correct spark plugs ( NGK COPPERS only , HOAT coolant are just two examples
suspension wise don;t go Detroit Axle and other cheap companies unless you like replacing parts every few months
Moog greaseable lower ball joints in front etc
Good luck
Yep, already made that mistake with the lower ball joints, I got cheapo parts that ended up being several millimeters out of spec (for a press fit!)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.