Height question between two Libertys....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen a few that look higher than mine...and you can always tell that they're an '02 from the rear drum brakes...there's one in my apartment complex I've parked next to a couple times...it's a pre-lowered one as well..

KJ02Ltd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
benji_KJ2003 said:
I've been through this situation. My confuse was between my 03 Sport and the 04 Limited of my neighbour's. I always had this strange feeling that mine is the taller one. #-o
However, sadly, yours is not. ALL '03s + are "lowered".

Only SOME of the '02s are lowered.

How can you tell if you have a "lowered" 2002?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
KJ02Ltd said:
Marlon_JBT said:
benji_KJ2003 said:
I've been through this situation. My confuse was between my 03 Sport and the 04 Limited of my neighbour's. I always had this strange feeling that mine is the taller one. #-o
However, sadly, yours is not. ALL '03s + are "lowered".

Only SOME of the '02s are lowered.

How can you tell if you have a "lowered" 2002?
A DECENT indicator that a '02 is "lowered" is...

the 4x4 badge being on the tailgate.

MOST of the '02s that are lowered have the 4x4 badge on the tailgate. There is a VERY SMALL amount of them with badges on the tailgate, pre-lowered.

If it's pre-lowered, the 4x4 badges WILL be on the sides.

TopShapeCabby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
I've always wanted to drive an '02 to see the difference between braking power.

I've heard it was dramatic.

Dramatically better or worst?

Lashlarue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: The 2002 Liberty rollover, it occurred once in a particular set of circumstances including surfaces tha changed dramaticallyfrom one section to the next.Chrysler and Consumer Reports were unable to duplicate this feat although on one test they were able to raise two wheels off the road.
You must be registered for see images
Test driver simply released accelerator and the vehicle came back down and was easily controlable.The 07 has skid pad figure of .74gs which is better than most passenger cars of 25 years ago. I personally have only rolled one vehicle in my lifetime, a 49 Nash 600 sedan, while making a 45 degree turn at approx 40 mph, I believe the fact that the tires had zero tread may have played a prominent part in that event.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has been bugging me also. My mother has an 05 Limited that I've always felt was higher than my 06 Sport. Today I got out the tape measure and checked. I was right, hers is 3/4" higher front and rear. I thought maybe it was because of the different wheel/tire, but the tires are exactly 28" tall on both of them. So for some reason the vehicle itself sits higher than mine..... :-k :-s

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
06Liberty said:
This has been bugging me also. My mother has an 05 Limited that I've always felt was higher than my 06 Sport. Today I got out the tape measure and checked. I was right, hers is 3/4" higher front and rear. I thought maybe it was because of the different wheel/tire, but the tires are exactly 28" tall on both of them. So for some reason the vehicle itself sits higher than mine..... :-k :-s

Even comparing yours to mine, yours does seem a little lower than mine as well.

You must be registered for see images