Height question between two Libertys....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02LibertyLimitedChick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a question....my Aunt has an 06 Liberty Sport Special Edition and I have an 02 Liberty Limited. As I look at the two nose to nose, side by side, I couls SWEAR that my truck sits higher. The gap between the wheel well and the tire seems higher on mine than hers. My grandmother also has a harder time climbing into mine than hers. Is this possible? Does anyone know about this? Thanks in avance, lol, it's driving me NUTS.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It does sit higher. They lowered the libby after 02 due to the roll over ratings. O:)

They lowered them around 3/4in..

dnm45227

Reaction score
exactly, when you here someone talking about a "pre-lowered" liberty you can proudly say i have one.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dnm45227 said:
exactly, when you here someone talking about a "pre-lowered" liberty you can proudly say i have one.

Yes.. "pre-lowered" meaning that your jeep was built BEFORE they lowered them. Thus the "pre." O:)

02LibertyLimitedChick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THANK YOU!!! We were going NUTS! So uh, that means that in given circumstances my truck is more likely to roll over than hers?

benji_KJ2003

Reaction score
I've been through this situation. My confuse was between my 03 Sport and the 04 Limited of my neighbour's. I always had this strange feeling that mine is the taller one. #-o

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
benji_KJ2003 said:
I've been through this situation. My confuse was between my 03 Sport and the 04 Limited of my neighbour's. I always had this strange feeling that mine is the taller one. #-o
However, sadly, yours is not. ALL '03s + are "lowered".

Only SOME of the '02s are lowered.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
02LibertyLimitedChick said:
THANK YOU!!! We were going NUTS! So uh, that means that in given circumstances my truck is more likely to roll over than hers?
Only if you try to do a high-speed slalom run on a test track (biggrin)

Jeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The springs. So if you go find some prelowered springs you can get a little lift from them. Of course you would be better of getting some OME's or other aftermarket spring if you have to buy them.

02LibertyLimitedChick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Corwyyn said:
Only if you try to do a high-speed slalom run on a test track (biggrin)

lol sounds tempting but no thank you, lol I do my crazy driving in my other car, a Z28

TopShapeCabby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeger said:
The springs. So if you go find some prelowered springs you can get a little lift from them. Of course you would be better of getting some OME's or other aftermarket spring if you have to buy them.

Thanks for the info....

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol sounds tempting but no thank you, lol I do my crazy driving in my other car, a Z28

but you still have the radar detector.. which tells me there is still some craziness going on in that jeep time time.. O:)

02LibertyLimitedChick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:

but you still have the radar detector.. which tells me there is still some craziness going on in that jeep time time.. O:)

:-$ I'm not your typical female driver......tee-hee