Heater issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gfunk_nz

Reaction score
I've just signed up and had a bit or a search through the forum, seems there's some pretty good info available.

I have a question about my 03 crd. A few months back I noticed the heater seemed to no longer be blowing really hot air. I'm not sure if it's an issue in the heater sytem as much as maybe a thermostat stuck open.
The engine temp gauge barely gets above about 1/4 I can't remember what it would get to prior to the lack of heating.

Reading through some of the info I see the viscous heater does a lot of the work in getting the heater to blow hot, if the thermostat is doing it's thing the the engine temp being around a 1/4 is correct, is there anything I can check on the viscous heater.

Any other suggestions?

gfunk_nz

Reaction score
It's got 92,000km on it now. The mileage is still about the same as hit has always been, if the gauge should be just under 1/2 which is what I would have expected I'm thinking it's got a stuck thermostat. Next job then is to get my self covered in coolant a check it out. To be honest I will probably have to search for that, I've done no in depth work on it as yet, just scheduled maintenance

journeyjim

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mitchell south dakota from may through oct every y
It's got 92,000km on it now. The mileage is still about the same as hit has always been, if the gauge should be just under 1/2 which is what I would have expected I'm thinking it's got a stuck thermostat. Next job then is to get my self covered in coolant a check it out. To be honest I will probably have to search for that, I've done no in depth work on it as yet, just scheduled maintenance

I don't know about the amout of kilometers, but at 100.000 miles you change out the camshaft belt and usually the water pump and thermostat at that time.

gfunk_nz

Reaction score
I was actually planning on doing the belt, and water pump at 96,000km which is 60,000m. It's fairly low miles to be doing it but I want to keep it as per the service handbook, and I don't want to chance the belt snapping when it's done a good life and cost me a motor in the process.