Heater core leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smittyfromPA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, anyone have a heater core leak in their KJ? I've noticed a growing wet spot on drivers side floor lately. Being winter time I chalked it up to my wet boots. Well, Jeep has been garaged for a bit and everything dried out but this area. Cant tell if it smells sweet but feels oily. Any advice on what else to check for to confirm? Heat seems to work fine. KJ has the best damn heater of any vehicle I've ever owned. I had a post up here a few months ago saying i had low coolant but no visible leaks so this all makes sense now. :favorites68:

adamkrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's the wrong side for a heater leak, I would check the windshield if it's been replaced or in my case when the dealer installed my alarm system back in 04 they punched the plug out under the brake booster and i had water coming in from there..

The insulation under the floor holds lots of water - I had to pull up the rug and left a hair dryer running there for 12 hours..

Last edited: