Heated seat not working...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sdebol

Reaction score
Hello:
The heat on my 2004 Jeep Liberty's driver seat just stopped working. When you press the heat button (lo or hi), the light flashes instead of shining constantly. Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this. Is this likely a fuse or circuit breaker problem and, if so, can you point me in the right direction for replacing it? (I checked the FAQs and the How To forum but did not find this topic).

Thanks!
Steve

sdebol

Reaction score
It's 2 1/2 years old, 39K miles. The power seat controls work fine. The problem affects both the low and high setting. Are there any quick things I can check before I take it in for service?

Thanks for your help,
Steve

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
check the fuse, i am looking for the fuse schema to see which one it is for heated seats..
is it both seats or only yours?

sdebol

Reaction score
You know, I haven't tried the passenger seat yet--though I think my son or daughter used it the night I realized mine wasn't working... I'll check tonight and post.

There's a light plastic box underneath the driver's seat that "connects" to the bottom of the seat by pushing it onto a plastic peg-type thing. I was wondering if there might be a breaker or fuse inside this thing...

Thanks,
Steve

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are bunch of cables down there, and I am sure with a harness. Can you check if anyone knock them and disconnect?

sdebol

Reaction score
The passenger seat heat is working fine. I did check briefly for a disconnected wire and didn't see anything obvious.

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Break out your multimeter and check for voltage under the seat with the power on, than switch over to Ohms setting turn of the power and check for an open in the element. You'll have the answer in 5 minutes.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blinking lights indicate a problem, either in the controller or seat element, the fsm gives a chart for diagnosing, but I am unable to get it to post here, when copied from adobe and pasting it gets all scrambled up but it says

Monitored Failure...........Switch High..........Switch Low

Element Shorted..............Flashing............... Flashing

Element Open..................Flashing................. Off

Seat Sensor..................... Off...................... Flashing

Bob

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get on the Jeep website and run your VIN for recalls before you spend any money fixing it...I'm not sure if Libertys had this problem, but my girlfriends Grand Cherokee had a recall on the heater elements and she got new ones for free...don't really know details of the recall, or the reason for it, but worth looking into.

sdebol

Reaction score
thecause17 said:
Get on the Jeep website and run your VIN for recalls before you spend any money fixing it...I'm not sure if Libertys had this problem, but my girlfriends Grand Cherokee had a recall on the heater elements and she got new ones for free...don't really know details of the recall, or the reason for it, but worth looking into.

Good idea. At this point, I've confirmed that the passenger side still works and that the fuse is fine.

If it is the heating element, it's pretty frustrating to have it die after only two seasons of use...

Steve

Latest posts

Members online