heated seat kit? has anyone done it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at adding heated seats to one of my KJ's. The leather is real nice, and I overlooked that they were not heated when I bought it to fix as I was in a hurry. The price was right either way.

Anyways, for me, with leather, heated seats are a must. I've got alot of back trouble as-is, and that loosens up my back enough for long trips

Been looking at the aftermarket heated seat kits. Easy install, from the looks of it.

Just wondering if there's any experience out there with them, what the thoughts were, and if I should avoid it or not.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never done it myself but a friend of mine did it in his homebuilt wrangler and apparently it was pretty easy and the system work pretty good. I think you should try, looking at the instruction it's pretty straight forward.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
K.

I would wait for them in the next KJ, except my leather is extremely nice. I'm always leary of coil/heating element type technology. I've worked on enough things with heating elements to really not trust them that much.

1BADKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also want to do them. EBAY has some carbon something or rather heated seat kit for two seats. $75.00 That's the one I'm going to get.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the one I'm planning on as well. The switch could easily be installed in close to the factory spot, too.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't figure why you find heating element hazardous? Working with them everyday and seriously they are the safest part of my job...Even when the job have been done wrong by another idiot it's still safe XD

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you've never worked vehicle recovery.

I was a diesel mechanic, and can count more than 10 semis I rebuilt that started on fire as a result of failed heating elements.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm an electrician. But I never saw a truck or anything catch fire because of heating :p you should see a 125kA breaker explode, it's pretty nice :) unless someone die :( then it's sad.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm an electrician. But I never saw a truck or anything catch fire because of heating :p you should see a 125kA breaker explode, it's pretty nice :) unless someone die :( then it's sad.

You must be a housing/industrial electrician then. I've seen it happen many times, and it's been caused by failed heating elements. It's fun when heating elements fail in bunn coffee machines, too....gotta love 240v trailing through a stainless countertop.