Headlight High Beam wire (under dash)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for color and ez to get to location for high beam wire under the dash.

Need to trigger a relay. Know I can find it if I look enough :) Have a diagram also. Just hoping some one has been ther / done that.

Thanks

05 Gasser

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for color and ez to get to location for high beam wire under the dash.

Need to trigger a relay. Know I can find it if I look enough :) Have a diagram also. Just hoping some one has been ther / done that.

Thanks

05 Gasser

There already is a High Beam Relay...it is on the Junction Block which is the internal fuse panel....it is next to a vacant slot for a larger relay which is the Daytime Running Light Relay as used in Canada.

Fuse 26 (10 A) has a White/Gray wire coming off it...this is the +12 volts output from pin 87 of the High Beam Relay.

You can get the 2005 KJ Service Manual here....includes circuit diagrams:

Index of /manuals/Jeep/KJ

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the manual - but never the easiest to read and does not help on the actual physical location.

Also I know there is an existing relay. I want to use the HI beam to trigger a 2nd relay for some aux lights.

I'll look for that white/gray -

Now if I can figure out someway to mount these things. Metal portion of the bumper on an 05 does not extend forward very far at all.

There already is a High Beam Relay...it is on the Junction Block which is the internal fuse panel....it is next to a vacant slot for a larger relay which is the Daytime Running Light Relay as used in Canada.

Fuse 26 (10 A) has a White/Gray wire coming off it...this is the +12 volts output from pin 87 of the High Beam Relay.

You can get the 2005 KJ Service Manual here....includes circuit diagrams:

Index of /manuals/Jeep/KJ