have to check this out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twindragons187

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have, but wow!!!! i've had my jeep since 07 and the only thing wrong with it is the front drive shaft(which broke about a week ago), its covered under warrenty anyway tho. my 03 has 88k on it.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think the problem is with the Jeep but with the owners
we have had our '03 from day 1 and take very good care of it
it has NEVER had any thing go out that was not normal wear
yeah brakes at 60K+ ,normal, dead batt, after 4+ years ,normal
shocks/struts after 30K ,premature but they still go out around 36-40K
tires ,put the right ones on from day 1 and they will be fine
we have not even had a light bulb burn out and the thing is 5+ years old
we do have a hole in the driver side CV boot ,RTV fix 6 moths ago still holding
but that happened off road so I call that normal or expected

Take care of them and they will last just fine

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got an '03 with over 90K on it and the only outright mechanical issues I have had are the LBJ recall and a torn boot on the front propeller shaft (out of warranty), which I replaced with a used unit from a local yard for $90. I've had some other minor things go wrong but those were the result of my not being careful doing maintenance or mods. Oh and the battery temp sensor appears to be on the way out but that's an easy fix when I get the time to do it.

Now as long as my Jeep can't access the internet and read this I should be fine (knock on wood).

kenv

Reaction score
I think that you could type any car nameplate into your search engine looking for reviews, & you would find a host of people bashing them.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha, some of those 'problems' crack me up.

One guy said he was having problems with is front wheels locking up on snow! Freakin Jeep! Im getting rid of it and never buying another! Foreign all the way!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

CHUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My KJ will be 7 this April. Been to the dealer for LBJ recall 1 & 2 and THAT'S IT. This is not a high-mileage vehicle, but time & the Northeast's elements can take there toll nonetheless.

Matter of fact, I have not even replaced the oem battery & it is still cranking her up, even on 7 degree mornings. I am planning a trip to the Strauss store for a new one this weekend as my luck can't hold out too much longer.

Just a phenomenal vehicle in my opinion. I was going to give it to my son who is 15, but I've reconsidered. He's on his own.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matter of fact, I have not even replaced the oem battery & it is still cranking her up, even on 7 degree mornings. I am planning a trip to the Strauss store for a new one this weekend as my luck can't hold out too much longer.
Welp you just jinxed yerself, tomorrow when you go to start it for the trip to the store it will refuse to start :p
haha, some of those 'problems' crack me up.
The one that got me was the guy complaining that the 'p' in the Jeep logo on his steering wheel popped out :rolleyes:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Back in the 1980's Audi 5000's would catch on fire at the top of a mountain pass here in the interior of B.C. Without getting to technical... some thing to do with the ECU and and barometric pressure. Audi sales dropped and never quite recovered fully. Same thing happened in the U.S. (http://www.wikio.com/leisure/cars/audi/audi_5000)
Seems like every decade one car or another gets slammed for something!