Great deal on OME

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Midgear

Reaction score
just for clarification-

If I got front and rear medium duty springs from that site, what kinda shocks would I need (if at all?) to match these springs?

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rancho RSX 17505 (stock front) and 17004 (longer rear) ideally, however, you won't be able to find them easily.

Bilstein is another option. Don't know the P/N though.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
seems like everyone here has gotten something for their KJ from Clinton Township, myself included.

i would probably go for the HD (or whatever ARB wants to call them today) springs myself. i like a hard riding Jeep. :D makes it a lot more fun!

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really sure. I've been looking as well. Some people seem to say that they are stiffer. Some people say they are "better" (whatever better means) than the RSX line, but cost a little more.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I'm literally about 2 miles from Clinton Twp.

Hopefully we can meet up for some kind of M&G (be it Ohio or MI) at some point in the not-too-distant future. I am hoping to make it out for the Spaniard's visit, but not sure if it's feasible for me ;)

make it feasible. ;)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
OME shocks are valved somewhat softer I think at least the rears. I have a pair of the "132 Ls" laying out in the garage now with less than 15000 on them and I still like the Ranchos better with 100,000 miles on them!

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called ARB about the spring rate...948 is the HD and the springs are only rated at 200lb.

If you look at the specs in the sticky of the "lift" forum here, it lists them as light and medium, but there is no HD per say.

Fine by me, name it whatever you want as long as the 947 is what I am looking for, I am happy. Or do I want the 948 rear (so, 375lb) and the 926 front (so, 375lb)?