Question on OME springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ElecTape

Reaction score
So I tore into my front suspension today to see it's condition. I need to replace the Upper & Lower Ball joints, and it wouldn't hurt to put in some new bushings in the control arms.

I have new assembled replacement strut assemblies I will be putting in too. Everything else is in great shape.

My buddy sent me some machined spacers for lifting, I'm not sure I like how they just slip on and off the strut assembly. So I'm thinking about ditching the spacers.

So here's my thoughts & question:

1.Order a set of the ARB/OME 2927 front springs, to swap out in the strut assemblies for the OE replacement spring, which would give me my lift rather than using the spacers. Then replace the Upper control arms with OEM style replacements, and add new bushings?

2. Do I need to add any additional bump stops or exchange them for a different length?

3. I'm guessing the spring doesn't compress like the OEM spring so that is what is giving you your height?

Thanks for the input.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Stock springs are only rated at 310 lbs and should of been 340-350 to start with
927s are rated a 400 lbs so that is where you get the lift from, higher rated springs
Yes you will need extended front bumpstops from Teraflex
what are you doing for the rear ?
Add new bushings to what?

and replacing shocks as well , right ? Bilstein or OME, stocks will go bad in no time
plus just for future reference we do have front coilovers, no struts on a KJ/KK
struts are used on cars without any upper control arms
common misconception, with even manufactures, they figure most people do not know the difference

Last edited:

ElecTape

Reaction score
what are you doing for the rear ?
Add new bushings to what?

Rear: Have installed a set of lift springs and new shocks.

Bushings: The Lower control arm bushings (Control arm meets frame) look rough.

Question, is there a bushing on the clevis mounting point on the lower control arm? Is this serviceable?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes replace the clevis bushings as well
What rear springs and shocks did you use ?
You got the right length rear shocks ?