Got into clutch job but discovered something I can't figure out!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boboborino

Full Access Member
Reaction score

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spoke with Marlin today and he is a pretty cool guy. He gave me the info I needed to determine that the OEM boomerang would better suit my needs. Picked one up today

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Spoke with Marlin today and he is a pretty cool guy. He gave me the info I needed to determine that the OEM boomerang would better suit my needs. Picked one up today

He's one of the best, great guy, knowledgeable, honest

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
WHOA WHOA WHOA!!! What is that? I did not see that anywhere! Write up? Any fab work to install it? How comfortable is it for DD use?

EDIT: I just read all the threads about it. Why hasn't someone done a group buy on these and manufactured them? Why doesn't JBA make them?

EDIT#2: I also read that road noise is transferred much more with this set up. Is this true as well? I really do appreciate your help by the way!

EDIT#3!: I just found all the info I was looking for so please forget the other stuff but my one last question is about durability. How much better does this hold up compared to oem? Will this last longer?

Since you found all of the info , durability far exceeds OEM , will last longer

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you found all of the info , durability far exceeds OEM , will last longer

Yeah but he told me that I will hear clunking from the heim joints after just a little while. It will definitely hold and get me down the road for many miles but the clunking would drive me nuts and make me think there is a bad ball joint somewhere! My rig will just be a DD and see service roads. Not really needing extreme articulation for rock crawling. I am just looking for a product that will not wear out faster than OEM but his kit is for an entirely different purpose than what I need. By the way...Do you or anyone here know who manufactures the bommerang for Chrysler?

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a Moog boomerang with a lifetime warranty.

Yeah...if you read through the 100's of posts on here, LOST, and the other jeep forums you will see that the OEM units lasts longer than all the aftermarket tri links. I like the idea of the lifetime warranty in the event that it goes bad but if it doesn't last longer than 5-10k miles....I don't want it! I just took a break from pulling out my defective boomerang and when I go back in it will be to reassemble and I don't want to do this job again for a very long time! Truth is that the bushings were still ok but the ball joint was shot. I could have driven on it for a while longer but something else was happening in that area that brought my attention to it in the first place. I have a lift with the JBA Y link extender and the sway bar was rubbing really hard against one of the bolts. While I plan on removing the sway bar to eliminate that horrible noise and slow destruction, I decided to take care of the boomerang as well. I am trying to do everything I can spot that is needing attention. I need this to be a DD and do not want to do any major repairs for a long time! Fortunately the previous owner already took care of the radiator and installed an OEM unit as well!!