Goodyear Wrangler Territory

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hahaha I was looking at those too. They look great. It says that they are a new design so I imagine no one would have had a chance to try them yet.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
hahaha I was looking at those too. They look great. It says that they are a new design so I imagine no one would have had a chance to try them yet.

"They look" ok!
But I wonder just how they would be!
At $165.00 a piece they certainly seem like a good price... But then again, they might just be another "All Terrain" tire!
No good for anything!
I think I'll buy something and true!

Last edited:

AJK381

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont know bout price by you but i have cooper discover stts on my silverado and love em, great in snow, mud and dry. they are based off the same mold as the gy mtrs so the tread is really close and i think they are cheaper i dont know how much though.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Well, I went and looked at these Goodyear Wrangler Territory at Crappy Tire today and the tread doesn't actually look to bad when you see them up close and personal.
Almost as though they are a scaled down version of a Goodyear MT/R
The only concern I have is that the side walls are very soft feeling and kinda flimsy.
The Canadian Tire employee I spoke to said that they weren't too bad of a tire for the price but not as good as the Goodyear MT/R.
If I choose Goodyear, I'll go for the MT/R or most likely the MT/R with Kevlar.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I went and looked at these Goodyear Wrangler Territory at Crappy Tire today and the tread doesn't actually look to bad when you see them up close and personal.
Almost as though they are a scaled down version of a Goodyear MT/R
The only concern I have is that the side walls are very soft feeling and kinda flimsy.
The Canadian Tire employee I spoke to said that they weren't too bad of a tire for the price but not as good as the Goodyear MT/R.
If I choose Goodyear, I'll go for the MT/R or most likely the MT/R with Kevlar.

Socks........now you're talkin......sometimes you get what you pay for......kevlar baby.

Dave

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Doesn't look like they're available in the US, yet.....

I've looked at the U.S. Goodyear website and Canadian Goodyear website and cannot even find them either.
The closest I found was the Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac
http://www.goodyear.ca/goodyeartire...eadwidth=&aspectratio=&rimdiameter=&sidewall=
And these are the Goodyear Wrangler Territory again:
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows...BTerritory.jsp

Socks........now you're talkin......sometimes you get what you pay for......kevlar baby.
Dave

Yeah, whats a few dollars more when spread out over two or three years of use? (or more? 30k-40k?)
But I guess it all depends on how hard you are on the tires.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I've been looking at those DuraTracs for sometime now...(like a day or 2)....

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Canadian Tire looks like the Canadian version of Sear's....

Grizzbear

Reaction score
I just bought a set two hours ago, dang they look good for relatively cheap. I've got a 94 G Cherokee no lift...yet. 235 75 15 @ $124.00 each plus "the man's" cut. This is a Canadian price (in BC) the guy said they may be Kevlar sidewalls wasn't sure..it would explain the soft sidewall (when they were off the rims). Will get back to U when I get them off road.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought a set two hours ago, dang they look good for relatively cheap. I've got a 94 G Cherokee no lift...yet. 235 75 15 @ $124.00 each plus "the man's" cut. This is a Canadian price (in BC) the guy said they may be Kevlar sidewalls wasn't sure..it would explain the soft sidewall (when they were off the rims). Will get back to U when I get them off road.

Good......we will get a real world opinion/review from one of our own JKJCountry members.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Dave

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score

Welcome to KJ Country.

It will be quite interesting hearing your opinion on these tires.

I've called nine Crappy Tire stores here in the Lower Mainland on
Sunday and visited four stores to try and get some real information
on these tires.
Not one of Canadian Tires automotive department's employee's
knew anything about these tires!

I also asked this one guy about the flimsy sidewalls and weather
or not these tires have the Dura Wall Puncture Resistant
Technology or if they use Kevlar in the side wall.
I mean the actual Goodyear Wrangler Territory tire is sitting on
the floor right in front of us! It is blatantly obvious that these tires
don't, due to the fact that neither the Dura Wall Puncture
Resistant Technology or Kevlar oval logo are nowhere to be found
on the sidewall!
This guy actually told me that they are the replacement for
the MT/R! loser.gif
What a (censored) idiot!

Now this why the store is called Crappy Tire! screwy.gif
It's either "we're out of stock" ( I was the first customer through the
door! Like 5 minutes after they opened!)
Or the people who work know sweet F/A and are to busy socializing
with other staff!
I strongly beleive that most of their employee's were a result caused by
******! :D

By the way, What part of B.C. are you from?

Ry'

Last edited:

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's the problem with Canadian Tire, they'll hire anyone to work at the parts counter and the service department. I know because I worked there too LOL.....parts department, service department and parts passthrough for the garage.
BTW we do have Sears here. Canadian Tire is more like Walmart but with alot more automotive stuff....the employees are pretty much the same though (Aeh) duhhhhhhhhhh hahahaha

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
That's the problem with Canadian Tire, they'll hire anyone to work at the parts counter and the service department. I know because I worked there too LOL.....parts department, service department and parts passthrough for the garage.
BTW we do have Sears here. Canadian Tire is more like Walmart but with alot more automotive stuff....the employees are pretty much the same though (Aeh) duhhhhhhhhhh hahahaha

Sears here in B.C. sold off their Automotive centers to Kal Tire.
Here in Hongcouver, ah Richmond, their prices are a burn. Easily 20% higher than other tire retailers.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Here, we have 2 versions of Wal Mart- regular and Super. The Supers sell tires, and does oil changes in addition to a complete grocery store...

The regular one has just chios and drinks (including beer:D), but does not sell tires or auto services......

Latest posts