Goodyear Wrangler Authority Tire LT245/75R16E 120Q

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sparky123321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't stepped foot in a Walmart for at least 2 years now and really don't care to ever again. After they bankrupt Rubbermaid I do my best to avoid ever doing business with them. The final straw though was when I went to buy an electric razor one day. It was on sale online for $49 or $59, but when I went to the store it was $89 or $99(it was years ago). I thought they just hadn't changed the price on the self so I brought it up to the courtesy counter. I was told yes if I bought it online and had it shipped to the store it was the sale price, but if I picked it off the self at the same store it was almost double the price. I told them to shove the razor and drove over to Target and paid somewhere in between the shelf and online price for it. That's my biggest issue with the Authorities. Also, I'd happily pay double or even more to have a local shop mount and balance the tires before I'd pay Walmart a penny to do it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Went on a few drifting "road test" cruises the past few days with these tires.
I'm running the Authoritys in 235/75/16s right now. And gotta say... pretty decent grip, but I'd put them at the same level as the General Grabbers.
Before the general grabbers I had Firestone winterforce tires and I would definitely recommend the winter force over them when it comes to more than 2 inches on the road.

That being said, they do catch decently coming out of spin outs, but you've gotta be ready for the kick to happen.. no sign with these, just up and spins.

Btw.. Walmart mounting works, but check how much weight they put on each tire.
My front drivers side has 6.5g on the outside, and 4.5g on the inside.
No tire should need this. If it's that far off, you simply take the tire off the rim, rotate it 180 degrees, remount it and see how far off the weight is now.
They lack in knowledge greatly but have the confidence to make you believe they're doing a good job.
Are the tires balanced? Yes. Are they correctly balanced? No.
Wallyworld lol.. Good to know someone else calls it that :happy175:

P.s. I paid 16 per tire at Walmart for mount/balance/valve stems.. so paying 15 per tire and knowing it's done correctly, sounds like the way to go to me lol

A guy back home stopped me to show me the new tires he got at Wally world. Got to looking at them and all 4 tires had weights everywhere. They never took off the old ones . Just mounted new tires and balanced them.

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A guy back home stopped me to show me the new tires he got at Wally world. Got to looking at them and all 4 tires had weights everywhere. They never took off the old ones . Just mounted new tires and balanced them.

Likely what they did with mine, I believe they left the weights on the inside, put the tires on and put weight on the ouside to even it out.

Now I feel like I'm just waiting for one of the thousand weights to fall off and have to get them rebalanced anyways..