New Goodyear Wrangler Authority

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasond37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was needing tires on my 07 since I took ownership of it from my wife at 65,000 miles. The Jeep came with Goodyear Wrangler SR-A's, 235/70/16. I really liked that tire for daily driving, was quite and tough enough for 3 or so winters in MN. I however wanted a more aggressive AT, and looked around for a month or two at reviews and prices. I had looked at Bridgestone Dueler Revo 2, General Grabber AT2, Hankook Dynapro, and GY Authorities. I have had the Revo's in the past on a Durango and loved them. I waited and searched the web and Craigslist for deals. Finally at Wal-Mart, out of the corner of my eye, I saw that the Goodyear Authorities were on clearance, $98 a tire. Perfect! That was all the convincing I needed, and three stores later I found a set of four. Figured I'd buy a matching spare later, being as cheap as possible. Seems as though stores don't share inventory which is wierd, had to drive 30 miles and spend half a day at one. What a bad experience that was. Their mounting unit couldn't mount the tires on my stock rims, nor could they get my fr left wheel off. I was totally bummed out, thinking the tires were a no go as the size is 225/75/16.....my stock were 235/70/16. A tech came out and said to buy the tires and take them to a normal shop. I took his word and sure enough, they were mounted! I ended up finding a spare at the local Wal-Mart for $60 a couple weeks later. I have about 2000 miles on them, and am very satisfied. The road noise is louder, but it's a Jeep right! Traction in rain is great, I have every bit of confidence with them. The ride to me feels no different than the SR-A's. We are supposed to get hit with the first winter storm of the season tonight, New Years Eve. We're staying in this year so I might get a chance to play around on the back gravel roads later. If I do I'll let you know what I thought. I'll get pictures asap.

jasond37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
They should do you good. I bought one of them to compare to the Duratracs before I bought them, while close in tread design etc I ended up with Duratracs
Mine have over 30,000 miles and still going strong, do great in snow ( where I had to use 4 wheel drive the year before with BFG/ATs I went in two wheel with the Duratracs) mud they do good also !

Xodius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are good tires. My father in law has them on his TJ and they do better than my bfg at/kos on the KJ. Jury is still out on my yokos on my jk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
I've got a 1990 Pathfinder I've been thinking about getting a set of these for it mainly because they are so cheap! I just use the Pathfinder going hunting and what not and would like a aggessive cheap tire on it but I've heard the authority doesn't do well with heavy loads and since I pull a trailer alot with the pathfinder and always have tons of gear in the back I'm curious how they would hold up.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The Duratracs I have( basically same thing as the Authoritys, Duratracs just look way better ) have done great. I pull a enclosed 6X10 all the time loaded, 5X8 open with 30 inch sides loaded with fire wood and no problems
I'm also heavier than most with front /rear bumpers etc.
Shouldn't have any issues with them

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
Tom you should look at the Fierce Attitude MT its almost a direct copy of the DuraTrac. Fierce is an off brand made by Goodyear I do believe.