Getting Started With Lifting... (2011 Liberty KK)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't install any bump stops. Apparently, per OME, with their springs/shocks they aren't required, but I will get back in there and add hockey pucks eventually as peace of mind. I didn't finish my lift until 1 am and skipped it due to being fed up at the time. I also haven't gotten around to pounding my pinch welds, and have a little rub at full lock.

Easy to get fed up when you break your spring compressor, and drop a fully assembled coilover on your fingers ;)
OVER 60 OME lifts done here and bumpstops on everyone, cheap insurance plus needed depending on tires and wheels

randomuser107

Reaction score
NO on the front shocks you have linked to, get regular shocks for the KK either Bilstein or OME
By “regular” do you mean Bilstein 4600s for the front shocks?

Unfortunately this will be my second order where I return something to Bilstein I’m sure the guy is getting a bit upset at this point, but it’s my fault for jumping the gun. So I need 4600s for the front shocks? Any clue why they even advertise these lifted shocks for the kk if they dont fit? Would they be for heavy load front springs or something typically?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
4600/5100 whatever BUT the ones you had linked to are supposed to provide some lift, although sounds right they are not what you want
They fit and " may work " but not with OME or any " lift springs"

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You think? I haven't found them cheaper elsewhere, I think it's around $90 per shock since it comes in a pair - any vendor you recommend?
OK didn't see for two, good price , but check shipping as well sometimes they get you on that

free shipping that is good as well,

randomuser107

Reaction score

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
aRE YOUR UPPER BUMPSTOPS WORN OUT OR SOMETHING? nO NEED TO REPLACE IF NOT AND yes on bumpstops

now I'll be gone for a few days, wont be back on here till Saturday or so

randomuser107

Reaction score
aRE YOUR UPPER BUMPSTOPS WORN OUT OR SOMETHING? nO NEED TO REPLACE IF NOT AND yes on bumpstops

now I'll be gone for a few days, wont be back on here till Saturday or so
So I need lower teraflex bumpstops for the front as well, is what you're saying? I have seen you mention teraflex front bumpstops a few times - are those for somewhere other than the upper front? Since Tom is away could a kind person possibly answer this for me?

In an earlier response contained within this thread Tom mentions "replacing the front stock bump stops with teraflex bump stops," would he be talking about ones other than the upper bump stops? Sorry, total noob to this, just want to make sure I get it right, especially if I wind up paying a mechanic to do it for me!

Wound up buying this stuff.. I'm thinking all I need is the hockey pucks now for the rear... nothing else for the front, correct? Hopefully someone can offer some insight :)
You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

https://imgur.com/a/LHGWJFQ

Can someone let me know if these JK bump stops would have any issue fitting a Liberty KK with 731 OME springs in the rear specficially, as well as if I need longer bump stops if I change the stock wheels?

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
NO, you remove front bumpstops and replace with the TERAFLEX ones
WTH are you not just buying something that works ?
In the rear use hockey pucks, cheap, they work better than most other things you can buy, bolt them down to lower springs perch, and leave the stock ones in the rear

randomuser107

Reaction score
NO, you remove front bumpstops and replace with the TERAFLEX ones
WTH are you not just buying something that works ?
In the rear use hockey pucks, cheap, they work better than most other things you can buy, bolt them down to lower springs perch, and leave the stock ones in the rear

10-4, bought about 6 hockeypucks, going to do what you’ve stated, I just figured itd be less sketchy since I’ve decided to have my mechanic do the work - but I’ll have the hockey pucks preassembled and ready to be placed - would you recommend 2 or 3 for each rear bump stop based on my suspension build?

Should I also be buying washers?

Any size bolt you recommend?

Thoughts on applying Threadlocker?

Also bought the teraflex bumpstops, guessing I need to notch them for the JBA UCA’s so they dont hit the part used to fill the upper ball joints with grease.

Thanks for all the help so far!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.