Gas Tank skid (2007)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking for a reasonably priced gas tank skid for my 07 KJ. anybody have a lead on one near Charlotte, NC? thanks!

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking for a reasonably priced gas tank skid for my 07 KJ. anybody have a lead on one near Charlotte, NC? thanks!

I may have a lead on a used gas tank skid (Mopar OEM part #52100332AH) but, unfortunately, it doesn't include hardware - anybody have any idea where to find specs about required hardware sizes and installation for the factory Mopar gas tank skid?

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
still looking for a gas tank skid (Part Number: 52100332AH)...found a decently priced one on eBay recently but after I purchased it, the seller told me he didn't have actually have any in stock and refunded the price.

so i'm back at square one. trying to complete my set of skids before an off-road trip at the end of February - if anybody has a lead on this part or is willing to part with one, please message me - thanks!

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much are you willing to pay?

I don't have one, but knowing your "ouch" point would eliminate you getting leads to offers you think are ridiculous.

Like maybe this one: https://www.morris4x4center.com/plate-52100332ah.html

Thanks - I should have mentioned that in the first place. I did find several options online for the Mopar used part or an aftermarket original skid plate for $350-$400+ but I'm hoping to spend $150 or less for a used Mopar skid plate (the one listed on eBay that fell through was $129).

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I doubt I would be a lot of help. I am sure you have the eBay, etc., route covered. Short of finding something at a junkyard, I can't think of anywhere else except maybe Craigslist. I wish you luck, though!

(And I am trying to figure out how someone can think they have a gas skid laying around to sell and then - oh, whoopsie - found out that they actually didn't...)

It's ironic, but I drove a Geo (not Chevy) Tracker for 16 years. It was inferior to the Liberty in every way, save for the fact that mine came with a full set of skid plates. That was my only experience with 4WD offroad-capable vehicles and I thought it was the norm. I was very surprised to look under my Jeep and find out it wasn't.

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I doubt I would be a lot of help. I am sure you have the eBay, etc., route covered. Short of finding something at a junkyard, I can't think of anywhere else except maybe Craigslist. I wish you luck, though!

(And I am trying to figure out how someone can think they have a gas skid laying around to sell and then - oh, whoopsie - found out that they actually didn't...)

It's ironic, but I drove a Geo (not Chevy) Tracker for 16 years. It was inferior to the Liberty in every way, save for the fact that mine came with a full set of skid plates. That was my only experience with 4WD offroad-capable vehicles and I thought it was the norm. I was very surprised to look under my Jeep and find out it wasn't.

Thanks - yeah I keep an eye on eBay, Craigslist, and my two local salvage yards.

And yeah, the eBay seller's explanation didn't make a lot of sense to me, plus there were other red flags after I made the purchase. They marked the item as "shipped" when in fact that was just a letter informing me of the delay...they kept trying to communicate outside of eBay...there was recent negative feedback about similar happenings to other buyers...and when I pressed them about how long it would take to find a suitable item to ship, they refunded my purchase before I could leave negative feedback.

That's funny, back when I first got my drivers license in the 90s I wanted a Tracker - I thought it looked like a fun little offroad vehicle. Hope yours treated you well, skid plates and all!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
It was a lot of fun to drive and got good gas mileage. After sixteen years I got virtually nothing on the trade-in. Really wish I had kept it and used it as a strictly offroad farm vehicle.

Latest posts

Members online