Fuel system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktmwoodsman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a 2004 Liberty with 3.7 V6, 130,000 miles. What is everyones opinion on changing out fuel pump and fuel filter? No present running or starting issues just don't want to get stranded. Anyone change either one and if so how bad a job is it and what was the cost? Thanks

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changing the fuel filter is a good idea every 30k.Now on a KJ it's not a easy job(sits on top of the gas tank) and sometime in '04/'05 they took the filter away and combined it with the pump inside the tank.I wouldn't touch the fuel pump until it dies or can not maintain correct fuel pressure.

JeepKj03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changing the filter is a very good idea with the amount of miles you have on your rig. You could change the fuel pump out with a new one and it could die on you in a year. Why change something when there is nothing wrong. The one you have in there now might just last the life of the vehicle.

JeepMan82

Reaction score
I have an 07 KJ does this mean that on mine the fuel filter and fuel pump are one unit inside the tank?

Latest posts

Members online