Front springs: differences?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dperezco

Reaction score
Hello:
I have a KJ CRD (year 2006).
I've the two front springs (second hand) with the references:
52128879ab
52128878ab
Anybody who can tell me which is the difference between them (rigth/left or similar)?

Thanks.

candpliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked around and found these different codes for front springs. Don't know what they mean but I assume that is what you are looking for.
Code zcc zrc
Code zcd zrd
Code zce zre
Code zcf zrf
Code zcg zrg
Code zch zrh
Code zcj zrj
Code zck zrk
Code zdc zsc
Code zdd zsd
Code zde zse
Code zdf zsf
Code zdg zsg
Code zdh zsh
Code zdj zsj

candpliberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked around and found these different codes for front springs. Don't know what they mean but I assume that is what you are looking for on your springs for ID purposes.
Code zcc zrc
Code zcd zrd
Code zce zre
Code zcf zrf
Code zcg zrg
Code zch zrh
Code zcj zrj
Code zck zrk
Code zdc zsc
Code zdd zsd
Code zde zse
Code zdf zsf
Code zdg zsg
Code zdh zsh
Code zdj zsj

Last edited:

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just cruised my '05 KJ parts book, and assuming not much changed between the two years, I'd say you have two different springs. The parts book doesn't list a left/right specific. But... there are eight different spring part numbers, I guess for different engine/trans/option combos. The three letter codes, ZCC, ZRC.... are found on the body ID plate and are also VIN specific. At least in my version of the parts catalogue. Maybe Troy (TJKJ) can chime in on this, he seems to know more than he wants to let on. Maybe he likes it that way so we don't bother him all the time.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Note:Sales Codes;

[ZCC] Through [ZRK] = Spring Sales Codes will Be Found On Vehicle Identification Number [VIN] Sales Code Lisiing

Here's the bit I cut and paste from the .pdf parts book

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crap, can't cut-n-paste that part so here comes the quote, verbatim...

"The Body Code Plate is located on the Left Front Side Shield or Wheel Housing or Radiator Support. The Plate contains 7 rows of data..."

The parts book goes on to say what each set of alpha-numeric codes means. The spring code will be on there somewhere.

I just spent 30 min looking for it on my KJ and couldn't find it. Too much stuff in the way like the battery tray, ECM, ARB.....

Looks like a build sheet might be the easiest solution. Until anyone says any different I'm still pretty certain that you have two different springs. My suggestion is to get in good with the local dealer's parts guys and ask them to run both numbers. They can tell you the difference between the two and what application the springs where intended for. Good Luck.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be, but the parts book doesn't specify left or right for the springs. Begs the question then, were they low on one spring on the assy line and another spring snuck it's way in? Remember Tony, these things aren't assembled by the highest bidder.

dperezco

Reaction score
At last, I´ve been to then Jeep dealer and:

52128879ab: Front Right spring. Prize 74,41 €
52128878ab: Front Left spring. Prize 74,61 €

So, if Right spring is cheaper than Left spring, I think that Left (driver side) is stronger than rigth (perhaps because of the battery or steering column, ...)

Then, the codes:
[ZCH,ZRH] references Front Left springs
and
[ZCJ,ZRJ] references Front Right springs

Thanks.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
At last, I´ve been to then Jeep dealer and:

52128879ab: Front Right spring. Prize 74,41 €
52128878ab: Front Left spring. Prize 74,61 €

So, if Right spring is cheaper than Left spring, I think that Left (driver side) is stronger than rigth (perhaps because of the battery or steering column, ...)

Then, the codes:
[ZCH,ZRH] references Front Left springs
and
[ZCJ,ZRJ] references Front Right springs

Thanks.

First page, 4th post
I think thats what I said??? :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Buying springs yes they only have one option but not on the assembly line

Members online

No members online now.