Front propshaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sf42

Reaction score
Hi All,
Firsty I have seen there is another thread regarding front propshaft length but doesn't answer my question!
I have ordered a new propshaft complete with cv joints, the place I orderd it from took my VIN number and told me I need a 770mm propshaft, that is fully compressed.
The distance from ****** to ****** is 770mm but can't fit it, as it needs to be compressed to physially get it in.
The next size down is 745mm so should be ok, can anyone confirm this, I had to compress the old one to geit it out and in, but since haven't got it.

Any help would be appreciated!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Too bad you no longer have the old one since you can rebuild the original one for under a 100 bucks
But since you bought a new one if you gave them the VIN that should be the right one
If it needs compressed to fit in, ( which most all do when installing ) then the new one will not compress or ??
Confused here as to why you do not compress the new one and install

sf42

Reaction score
The new one comressed is 770mm and won't compress any further, the distance from ****** to ****** is 770mm so (unless I'm being stupid!) there's no way to get it in?

sf42

Reaction score
Wow, apparantly 'fl*nge' is a swear word?!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The new one comressed is 770mm and won't compress any further, the distance from ****** to ****** is 770mm so (unless I'm being stupid!) there's no way to get it in?
Well that explains better than the original post
I would see if they sent the right one for your VIN instaed of guessing what may or may not work

Last edited:

KJ_Liverpool

Reaction score
I bought a new front drive shaft from Drive Shaft World for $116.64

Matched the old one perfectly and installed without a problem.