Front Diiferential Collar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was part of the group buy on L.O.S.T for this. I just installed it today. The theory is to eliminate the weak housing on the Front diff where a potential crack can begin down the diff. The problem can occur when off-roading where the wheels come off the ground while spinning and come back down. The free force of the wheels in the air allow the front diff to be relieved from weight of the vehicle, then the force of the wheels coming back down (while spinning) can put extreme pressure back on the diff, causing it to crack.

BEFORE

You must be registered for see images attach

AFTER
You must be registered for see images

Here is the thread. The controversy is the gap that you can see in the picture. The measurement of the collar was associated universal. However, multiple people have had this turn out. Will it do its job if a problem were to occur??? Could this collar be the first line of defense before the diff cracks? I'm not sure, nor can anyone tell you facts, unless you wanna pound the jeep up and down on purpose, but I will pass on that idea.

HERE IS THE THREAD:
http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9691

Latest posts

Members online