Frequent Shock Replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You both are wrong and right.Typically shocks made for offroad use have some sort of internal bumpstop.And most shocks of this type also have different valving for compression and extension to help ease this effect.Constant extending of the shocks will hurt them but not as bad as fully compressing them,hence bumbstops.

Most "********" rigs do not use typical shocks anyway,they mostly use airshocks which act as the shock and coil and are considerbly stronger then regular shocks.

Oh and just to clarify Nth is no more,they flopped and AEV bought there designs and then modified them to be better.I have not been a real fan of Nth,plus there bushing wear real fast.

yup ya'll are right I am a dummy when it comes to suspensions
but a 5 minute phone call will tell you that I am right
"based on a properly set up suspension on ANY rig the shock are what limits down travel on the axle and they are made to do it ,bottom line"

just call this number and ask
1-888-907-4625
they said "we deal with this same call 25 times a day and the answer is always the same"

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me again :D

Okay this is what I'd like to do next;

-lose the front spacers
-replace my frequently failing OEM front struts with Rancho RSX17505's

Can I use the OEM coils with the Rancho's or do I need to order longer coils? Also I still need extended bumpstops don't I?

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me again :D

Okay this is what I'd like to do next;

-lose the front spacers
-replace my frequently failing OEM front struts with Rancho RSX17505's

Can I use the OEM coils with the Rancho's or do I need to order longer coils? Also I still need extended bumpstops don't I?

I think the struts are the same length ,I think
that being said you can use them with OE springs but why?
unless you do the work your self you will have to pay to have the work done twice when you get longer springs
I would keep the spacer rear for now
get the new front struts and springs along with new rear shocks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.