FrankenLift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Otter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking of puchasing a Frankenlift...any thoughts about these?

Last edited:

Jeepin05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be a little cheaper to purchase the parts individually, but the nice thing about the Frankenlift is that the front strut assemblies come assembled and ready to install.

This FAQ is a good read also - http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37151

The Rancho shocks are becoming more difficult to find as they've been discontinued, although there are Bilstein or BDS shocks that others are running with.

infernicus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like previously said..
-If you have the money, go for it!
-Much easier, the front is completely assembled, 4 bolts out, 4 bolts in (kinda, lol) You don't have to pause in the middle bring it to a shop to switch out the springs/shocks from the strut.. especially important if you plan on doing this on a weekend.
-You can get the same lift with spacers, either ott, or clevis, but once you start to sag you cant go higher. When the Frankenlift sags, you can do a clevis, and maybe even ott spacers. (But it will take a while for the Frankenlift to sag that much, especially if you get the 927 HDs upfront.

To each his own.

I personally like the Frankenlift.. but thats just me.. Maybe because thats what I drive.gif

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
The Frankenlift we have is excellent!
Our KJ handles more like a sport truck now! Compared to the bagged out stock suspension!
However, the OME coil springs have settled at least one inch on us already after only 10 months!
With the addition of the front Clevis lift and two additional rear coil spring isolators, our Liberty still has over 2.5 inches of lift.

Check this thread,
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39094&page=2
message #57 for the difference between the freshly installed Frankenlift and now that it has settled!

Mind you, I do have a Detours Backbone winch mount and 9500 pound Super-winch and an additional steel light bar fitted to the front end.
Had I known that the OME Coil springs were to settle that much in ten months, I would have bought the OME CRD front coil springs instead!
I'll be upgrading to those next spring.

Either way, I highly recommend the Frankenlift!

Last edited:

AlexKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And how it does compares with the JBA Adjust-A-Strut Kit? You can do 2 OME/Bilstein lifts with one Adjust-A-Strut... worth it?

Otter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I've got to save up for the man tires...Okay Indiana KJs, anybody up for lift install?

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
OH HEY GUYS! TIME TO HANG OUT YOU SAY? THUNDERBIRDJUNKIE IS CLOSE TO INDIANA IT'S ONLY A COUPLE HOU-
Now I've got to save up for the man tires...Okay Indiana KJs, anybody up for lift install?

Holy crap dude that's like a 2 hour drive!

mj.gif

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Fairly easy install,take some pics for us,please. Might start spraying PB Blaster or something like it on the various bolts and nuts.

Otter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well not going so good. got the drivers side front tore down, fairly simple, put the new shock/spring assembly in and get the clevis bolted back in...no easy feat, used a ratchet strap to get it lined up, finally got the lower bolt back in. now here is the dilemma I have, it seems physically impossible to get the uca bolted back to the spindle. with the increase in the length of the assembly both the uca and sway bar are off by a mile, and if i try use the jack to raise the lca, all I do is jack up the vehicle. I've been wrenching on vehicles most of my life, and this is the most difficult by far. Is there something that I've missed? I'm really thinking about taking it back out this morning and have a shop do the work. If anyone can give me ideas on what I've done wrong, I'd like to know. Thanks in advance, Todd

Last edited: