Frankenlift Install - Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I got the lower clevis bolted in and have moved on to installing Al's A-arms. I have a few questions. First, where does the washer go on Al's A-arms, above or below the mounting hole (ie. with the nut and cotter pin or with the bushing)? Secondly, is it normal for Al's a-arm to be in contact with the coil at full droop? Third, How come grease comes out the bottom of the bushing when I tighten up the nut and is this normal? Thanks.

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I got the lower clevis bolted in and have moved on to installing Al's A-arms. I have a few questions. First, where does the washer go on Al's A-arms, above or below the mounting hole (ie. with the nut and cotter pin or with the bushing)? Secondly, is it normal for Al's a-arm to be in contact with the coil at full droop? Third, How come grease comes out the bottom of the bushing when I tighten up the nut and is this normal? Thanks.
Washer goes between the bottom of the knuckle and the castle nut/cotter pin.

Shouldn't be any contact between the coil and UCA,got the strut spacer in the right place so the little poly piece contacts the UCA?

Yes.

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washer goes between the bottom of the knuckle and the castle nut/cotter pin..
Okay thanks. That's how I had it but all the grease came pouring out the bottom so I thought maybe the washer was supposed to go there to help contain it.

Shouldn't be any contact between the coil and UCA,got the strut spacer in the right place so the little poly piece contacts the UCA?

At full droop the UCA ball joint smacks against the big ugly 'protection thingy?' they put on the strut. I will try and post picks tommorow.

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, here is a picture. Is this normal when you first install the frankenlift or is there something wrong?

You must be registered for see images

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, here is a picture. Is this normal when you first install the frankenlift or is there something wrong?

Yes that is normal with it at full droop,but you have way to much grease in those UBJ's:eek: ,suprised the boots haven't exploded yet.

icarl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay I got the front end done. I measured 3 3/4" of lift from the pinch weld. Those springs are super stiff and will hopefully loosen up a bit. My old springs were probably saggy as well.

When I did the other side I had to use a spring compressor as well because there was no way we could get the lower clevis bolt in with just a rachet strap and pry bars.

It was a lot of work but it sure is high up now - looks cool. I probably have the only lifted liberty in Grande Prairie now. I will post pics when I finish the rear end tommorow.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cant wait to see the new pics. i plan on doing this very same thing to my 06 in a few months. so i see you used als a arms....i was wondering if that was a good add on when using the frankenlift or any other lift to keep stress off the ball joints.

thats is why you used the a arms right? I assume it isnt nessecary , but i plan on doing it anyway for the reasons above.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one more thing...could you either post pics of the CV boots when its setting on the ground with tires on? Im curious as to how much of an angle you get.