Frankenlift II vs Tommudd econo-lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Should be able to find ARB/OME dealers over there
Also JeepinByAl ships worldwide

The Big Boulonnais

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ARB Bumper

I'm a soldier stationed over in Germany and its such a limiting factor being here and trying to work out what you can and cant order, which places will ship APO and how much hassle it will end up being. It's going to be a big challenge when it comes time to hunt for aftermarket bumpers

Hi,

I don't know about Germany but in UK I couldn't even buy the ARB Bumper due to the law the shop I got my OME suspensions from couldn't import it. So I had to have my bumper made by a guy who normally prepares Land Rovers. I showed him pics of the ARB one and he made me something inspired of it. I know it's not the real thing but it's good quality, really Heavy Duty and I am the only one to have this bumper on a KJ. As far as I know he hasn't built another KJ one yet.

I'm not getting a percentage on the sales here and it's only if you like the look of my bumper, of course.
But if you can't buy the ARB Bumper where you are and you can come to England with your Jeep I can give you the details of the guy. Now that he's made mine he has all the measurements for a KJ so making another one should be cheaper and quicker.

Chris

Last edited:

kj2002vzla

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am running the Tommudd econo lift. The ride is awesome. I've never used the Frankelift to personaly compare it to though so I doubt that is of much help.

The only thing I'd recommend that doesn't come with the JBA kit are front and rear bumpstops. Everything else is in the kit. The ride quality is great. A huge improvement over what it was stock.

Hello Hedsic, I'm wondering what size of clevis did you chose when you where ordering your lift, I ordered the same lift and I chose the "0.500" clevis and HD springs, I have a custom arb type bumper... I don't have mi lift yet so I'm trying to know the height I will have, thanks

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Hedsic, I'm wondering what size of clevis did you chose when you where ordering your lift, I ordered the same lift and I chose the "0.500" clevis and HD springs, I have a custom arb type bumper... I don't have mi lift yet so I'm trying to know the height I will have, thanks

I did the .375 spacer on the clevis along with HD springs. I don't have a front are or anything weighing it down though.

TheMasterMechanic

Reaction score
Hey!!!! Nobody answered the question about which load sensing shocks from Monroe we need to get for the 3.5 inch lift kit... I hear stirrings to use 03 dakota rears for a 4x4... But I see listings for Dakota's with 3 inches of lift and without. HELP!! Which one do I need to use for econo lift kit. They gotta be load sensing.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey!!!! Nobody answered the question about which load sensing shocks from Monroe we need to get for the 3.5 inch lift kit... I hear stirrings to use 03 dakota rears for a 4x4... But I see listings for Dakota's with 3 inches of lift and without. HELP!! Which one do I need to use for econo lift kit. They gotta be load sensing.

If you are getting the Econo kit which this post is in that discussion everything is included shocks etc

TheMasterMechanic

Reaction score
I quite often carry chopped up logs and tool boxes and junk and tow a trailer... Fact of the matter is, I can't keep a set of shocks on my jeep as it is :( I did my research but got stuck on the part where it asked me if it was for a lifted dakota or not. I was like damn.. Gotta think I have already done tons of mods to this Libby and am def not happy with my RC lift and my custom rear bumper and hitch keep kicking shah bot out of my shocks

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I quite often carry chopped up logs and tool boxes and junk and tow a trailer... Fact of the matter is, I can't keep a set of shocks on my jeep as it is :( I did my research but got stuck on the part where it asked me if it was for a lifted dakota or not. I was like damn.. Gotta think I have already done tons of mods to this Libby and am def not happy with my RC lift and my custom rear bumper and hitch keep kicking shah bot out of my shocks
If you have the RC lift then first thing you need is better rear springs
If you haul a lot of weight then get the OME 948s first
then if that is not enough then what I use are the Monroe Sensatrac Load Adjusting Shocks # 58649, they come two in a box and are reasonable. Slight modification to the lower spring perch to mount them but no big deal , couple of small cuts

jlday70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the RC lift then first thing you need is better rear springs
If you haul a lot of weight then get the OME 948s first
then if that is not enough then what I use are the Monroe Sensatrac Load Adjusting Shocks # 58649, they come two in a box and are reasonable. Slight modification to the lower spring perch to mount them but no big deal , couple of small cuts
I would like to add these to my KJ since I use it for towing all the time. Can you give us a small where and how to cut the mounts to make them fit?

Thanks

FenwickAngler

Reaction score
I think I'm gonna be helping pay TomMudds bills personally. I looked at the list of stuff, cant beat it IMO.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I think I'm gonna be helping pay TomMudds bills personally. I looked at the list of stuff, cant beat it IMO.

I got the list of parts together is all, :icon_lol:
did it for the good of all KJ / KK owners everywhere:ROFLJest:
Don't make anything from it :shrug:

FenwickAngler

Reaction score
I got the list of parts together is all, :icon_lol:
did it for the good of all KJ / KK owners everywhere:ROFLJest:
Don't make anything from it :shrug:

Yes you did. Hands down best, nd I thank you. As for not making anything, I wouldnt have blamed you If you did... I figured maybe you made a small commission or something, the fact you don't makes you and the package even better and more note worthy.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Tom doesn't need the money. From what I hear he's getting a free trailer hitch, and is satisfied with that.

(Don't ask!) :happy175:

Latest posts

Members online