Fog/Spot lights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chris03kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I idle at 14.6 volts...i have the mopar 600cca battery and I'm thinking of putting in a 850cca battery,..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Troy,

You are correct sir. I was speaking of "most" vehicles. Thank you for the correction. My Jeep puts out 14.1 at idle..
That is for all vehicles with a 12 volt system.

I idle at 14.6 volts...i have the mopar 600cca battery and I'm thinking of putting in a 850cca battery,..

I'd recommend a Sear Diehard Platinum Series P1 or P4(maybe on sale right now for real cheap).You may have slightly modify the battery tray for it to fit but it's the best battery on the market right now.4 year free replacement warranty and then a 72 month pro-rated warranty.

chris03kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My setup/look slightly changes weekly and will look nothing like yours with the stock bumper etc, here it was a few weeks back
Hella700FF besides the headlights, FF100s running as fogs , (4)FF300s on the RL roof rack
You must be registered for see images attach

Do you use the relay included in the hella kit? Or just a direct switched battery connection?

chris03kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I use the relay will I be able to turn the lights on without the headlights being on?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I use the relay will I be able to turn the lights on without the headlights being on?

depends on where you pull the power wire from to the relay.If you follow the directions it wants you to tap into the power wire for the high beams,instead run that fused wire directly to the battery positive terminal.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My fogs are wired in through the original fog light wiring
rest are all ran through relays and hot wired to the battery
Rear ( back up lights, 3X3 LEDs ) are wired through a relay and into the back up lights and then with a switch and another relay with power from the battery to run them either way.

Last edited:

chris03kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I can have a setup that going into the relay has 1 12v+ fused from battery, and connect that to both the 12v battery and the 12v headlamp(with a switch inline), ground the relay, and connect the lights to the relay output?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can order 4 TUFF led lights from Amazon for 100
I'd stick with the Hella lights,sure old school but better warranty and will be around in 2-3 years unlike all those LED light clone companies popping up every few days.Already seen 2 close shop after 2 years.

If you stop supporting those clone companies it's better for us here in the USA.Keep the money in the states and force them to bring the jobs back.

chris03kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going hella either way. It's a well known brand and I don't want cheap crap...I'm getting the 700FF's and Putting hella 100 watt bulbs in them

TheSurvivor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd stick with the Hella lights,sure old school but better warranty and will be around in 2-3 years unlike all those LED light clone companies popping up every few days.Already seen 2 close shop after 2 years.

If you stop supporting those clone companies it's better for us here in the USA.Keep the money in the states and force them to bring the jobs back.

I like Hella Lights as well but was just voicing another option for him, and Tuff led is an American based company there headquarters are in Denver, Colorado.

chris03kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
Here's the setup with the Hellas in. They only have the 55 watt bulbs in, the 100's haven't come yet. I think it looks pretty sick though

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.