Fog Lights Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thirdmotion

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm shopping around for a Liberty Renegade Edition and i see not all are the same. Some have round fog lights on the bumper and some have it ON TOP of the bumper(infront of the grille). Is this a different year model...? Also, i noticed on some, the middle part of front bumper is painted silver, is this an option?

DJSKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is an 04 Renegade and it has the lights on the roof.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Different years and then even other models had fog lights from the factory
Mines a Sport and had factory fogs. Renegades were just an appearance package is all, nothing special only to the owners :shrug:
02-04 they were in the bumper after that they changed

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You came to the right place to ask questions thirdmotion. There's a lot of knowledgeable people here that can either answer your questions or tell you where to find the answers.

The Renegade model is a good choice because it comes with a complete set of skidplates & tow points plus that nice lightbar on the roof. When I was first shopping for a Jeep I almost bought one, still wish I had.
You must be registered for see images attach

Don't you love those billet fender flares? This Renegade needs better tires and to lose the brushbar.

I added the foglamps to my 04 Liberty Sport. On that year they were mounted nice & low and really light up the road.

I'm not sure if the foglamps mounted on top of the bumper work as well. Does anybody know what model years had their foglamps on top? Maybe the 05's & o6's?

This is an 07 model year.

Those tiny things beneath the headlights are the foglamps.

If I'm not mistaken the Limited Edition Liberty's has the 242 transfer case with both full & part time 4WD. Depending on your driving you may want this feature.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 03 Renegade has a light bar on the roof, fog lights in the bumper, and though my Jeep is khaki the middle of the bumper is silver.

Hope that helps.

Attachments

• S1051244.jpg
    S1051244.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 6

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm shopping around for a Liberty Renegade Edition and i see not all are the same.

Quite right, but at least you're looking for a Renegade.

You came to the right place to ask questions thirdmotion. There's a lot of knowledgeable people here that can either answer your questions or tell you where to find the answers.

The Renegade model is a good choice because it comes with a complete set of skidplates & tow points plus that nice lightbar on the roof.

Yep, thirdmotion has come to the right place and nope, my '05 didn't roll off of the transprter with all the skidplates. In fact, it had none. No roof mounted light bar either. But... there is another '05 Renegade not far from me with the light bar. WTF???

The on top of bumper mounted Hellas work really well. Well, really well for a factory option. There's always something better out there.

Different years and then even other models had fog lights from the factory
Mines a Sport and had factory fogs. Renegades were just an appearance package is all, nothing special only to the owners :shrug:
02-04 they were in the bumper after that they changed

Tomm manages to hit the nail on the head. The Renegade package is really all about appearance. '05 and later have the really cool and highly desireable flat hood.

And yeah, they are special, but then so am I. Short bus all the way!!!

Frozentoze

Reaction score
I ended up with my Renegade b/c in 2002, the only way you could get the 6cyl, 5-speed and 4WD was in the Renegade. Seems like something more people would want - the bigger engine, a manual and 4WD, but as it was it was only in this package.

The roof lights werent my top priority, but with so many chicks driving Liberty's its nice to have a clearly masculine element to mine like the light bar.

Fog lights are on the bottom in the '02s.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

The Renegade model is a good choice because it comes with a complete set of skidplates & tow points plus that nice lightbar on the roof. When I was first shopping for a Jeep I almost bought one, still wish I had.

Don't you love those billet fender flares? This Renegade needs better tires and to lose the brushbar.

I added the foglamps to my 04 Liberty Sport. On that year they were mounted nice & low and really light up the road.

lots of wrong info posted
All Renegades did not come with skids, tow points, roof lights, etc. Many think they did but short answer is no. Even some think the only way to get fog lights was on the Renny and wrong again, my Sport came stock with them
Next billet fender flares?????? :whip:Wrong just plastic flares with fake bolts , no billet there

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 10 total so I can really tick oncoming traffic off esp. those idiots with blue lights that are ten times too bright anyways

plinardos1

Reaction score
Looking for motor for 1999 Grand Cherokee Laredo Limited

Im trying to help a friend find a motor for his car. $100 finders fee for the 1st person to find me a 4.7 engine for a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Limited. Make the marraige get the prize. PM or call 917-453-1323. Much Thanks...Perry :shrug:

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^^ WTF?? Anyways, my '05...

Off the lot, no skids, no roof lights, no billet stuff either..

Now... still no roof llights, Damnit..well, not exactly now, there's snow on the ground here. Does have all the skids though and lots more...

I need to go and take a few new pics, my libby has grown up a bit since then.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lots of wrong info posted
All Renegades did not come with skids, tow points, roof lights, etc. Many think they did but short answer is no. Even some think the only way to get fog lights was on the Renny and wrong again, my Sport came stock with them
Next billet fender flares?????? :whip:Wrong just plastic flares with fake bolts , no billet there

Thanks for correcting my mistake, boy do I feel dumb :icon_lol:

boebr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '06 ren has the top-of-the-bumper mounted fog lights, came with no roof lights (has 2 100watt on a piece of bed frame up there now), and the center piece on the bumper was not painted silver, though now it is cut off since I broke the bottom of the bumper on ice. oh, and it did come with the weakest roof rails Jeep made, and matching rock rails (since removed and recycled as they just gave me clearance issues). It did come with the tow hooks (took off the rear to install a hitch). It may have had skid plates with the first owner, but not when I bought it.
It does have the renegade (if that's what they are) fender flares... i painted them black (as well as the door trim, fog light housings, rocker covers, and bumpers)
You must be registered for see images

What do I like about the Renegade? I like the taller grille with the flatter hood (to me, that's the only difference between it and the others), and I do Like the fact that it has a throw-back name... remenicent of the Renegade CJ's etc...

Last edited:

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine came with light bar, full skids, tow points (front & rear), AND leather. This makes me soooo awesome...right? RIGHT?!

Frozentoze

Reaction score
Actually mine came with just leather "appointments" on the Sport seats, but $250 on eBay and I had the heated power leather seats out of a wrecked Limited in there. The seats in the Sport were just really uncomfortable and didnt adjust well.