Flywheel question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

derekj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, new member here with a question about the flywheel on a 2003 4cyl, 5spd. The flywheel is cracked so it needs replacing. Having done a bit of looking around RockAuto has the best pricing. Problem is they list 2 different flywheels from Sachs - one is a US part number at $400 and a UK number for $250. I have been on Sachs website looking and cant seem to find any obvious differences beside part # and price.

Does anyone know if there is a difference between a UK KJ and a USA KJ?

Thanks,
Derek

derekj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The UK one could be for the 2.5 diesel with manual trans.The 2.4 gasser uses a dual mass flywheel and is pretty expensive.

The listing is for the gas motor - different part # for the diesel. Both of the ones listed say dual mass and the same clutch disc diameter.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Hope you figure it out .. sorry can't help.

but .. Welcome and Love Squamish!

Mt. Garabaldi is one of my favorite places on the planet!

derekj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good news! I got my flywheel today and it is a perfect match. So if anyone needs a flywheel for their 5spd 4cyl Liberty Rock Auto is the way to go. I ordered the one from the UK and got it in 2 days and saved $150 too!

Latest posts

Members online