Flushing/Removing Heater Core

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoolAcid

Reaction score
Looking for a guide / pics / video for flushing the heater core. Already found the block / rad which was done by mechanic, but they didn't do the heater core. If It's easy, i'll do it my self, otherwise I'll have them finish the job.

tjmoffa

Reaction score
Is it possible only the heater core is plugged? My temp never, EVER, waivers just below half way on gauge. New radiator and hoses at 145k, 164k now. Coolant level is right at full cold mark on tank when cold. Heat is non existent this year. I was hoping to just flush the heater core as there are no leaks anywhere on the system and the A/C blows ice cold. Thoughts?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it possible only the heater core is plugged? My temp never, EVER, waivers just below half way on gauge. New radiator and hoses at 145k, 164k now. Coolant level is right at full cold mark on tank when cold. Heat is non existent this year. I was hoping to just flush the heater core as there are no leaks anywhere on the system and the A/C blows ice cold. Thoughts?
Could be.At full operating temp grab both heater core hoses,if both are hot,and about the same temp,then it's not a plugged heater core.If one is cold and the other is hot then yes it would be a plugged heater core.

If both hoses are hot start looking at the blend door actuator in the HVAC box,it controls the hot/cold coming out the vents via a small electric motor.

Latest posts

Members online