Firewall Access with Manual Transmission

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My tired old eyes are failing to see a ready firewall passthrough access on an '04 manual transmisssion KJ with 3.7L....

Does anyone have a pic or a how-to or suggestions for a wiring passthrough ?

TIA

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So on the left side behind the clutch. Pull of left trim and pull back carpet. There will be a port that is clogged with black sealant. Remove that and tada! you have a hole to the engine bay.

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
same plug is on the passenger side as well, in about the same place. and the sealant on mine was paint colored. :D also it had an actual plastic plug in the hole at the time.

Last edited:

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah mine had a plastic plug in it as well, with some sealant over it. Ended up using a wooden dowel to pop it out (it released from the engine bay and it's impossible to reach), drilled a hole in it just smaller than the 8ga wire I was using, and popped it back in. A little RTV on the wire, once it was run, and it's nice and water tight again. :)

As for running the wire in the engine bay, I found the best method is to straighten out a wire hanger, run it down through the hole, tape the wire to the hanger, and slowly pull it back through. Made it easy.

Members online